Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-22-2013, 08:38 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Hello to all.
Just took reciept of our new Rushmore Washington. Seems like a great unit so far.
But, I am having a terrible time determining where the coaxial jacks that are in the service compartment (dump station area) go in the camper. Very little is labled in this area too!
I have tried to ring them out with a Ohm meter by shortingone end of the jack with a shorting plug and than go inside and try to locate the other end of that cable. No luck doing it that way. I have checked all coax connectors behind the tv's and even the one in the basement, with no joy!

Thanks for your advise in advance, Jim
2009 GMC Sierra SLT Dually
C&Jcampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:51 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

hould be two outlets in the basement, and they are labled you have to look close. One is for Sat and the other cable. They both go to the main TV To make contact you have to turn off theTV rectifier, that is a small button near the TV. On mine there is a small green light that lights up when it is on. This powers the Antenna
Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:46 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

what Frank said and fed them up through the porthole in the bottom.

Chevrolet 3500HD Silverado Dually
6.6 Duramax Allison
https://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w...psdb076010.jpg
Walkingstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 03:56 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

Thanks for the info Frank.

But, my coax connections are not layed out that way.
Camper is 3 weeks old. I guess they change the arrangments sometimes???

Mine are as follows:
Outside in the dump station area are 2 coax connectors that are not labled. I did take the cover plate off and saw that one cable was grey and the other black.
In the basement: 1 single coax connetion that is not labled, but I assume it would be for a small tv in that area.
Behind the living room tv: 4 coax jacks, the top 2 are not labled, the bottom 2 are labled one for tv and the other for sat. The one for Sat is a red cable and I am thinking that one is for the prewiring for the roof mount system in the future.

In the bedroom, 2 coax connectors. the bottom is for my tv antenna and I would have thought that the top one would be the feed from my direct tv dish, after connecting the disb to the 2 connectors in the dump station area.

I do know that my direct tv antenna set up is correct, as all we did was disconnect the cable from my 5vr that we traded in.

I am going to try to ring out the connectors again.
Thanks again, any and all help is appreciated,

Jim
Old 02-23-2013, 05:27 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

Found out the connectors in the dump area go directly to the tv conectors behind each tv.

So, I disconnected the tv from that jack and inserted the direct tv unit.

Still have connectivity issuses with the sat. Will double check antenna settings when wife gets home.

I still have a bunch of extra coax conectors behind the tv's that I have no idea what they would be for.

Oh well, we will figure it out one day.

Thanks, Jim
Old 02-23-2013, 07:57 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

Your two connections in the area where the hookups go are for cable and an outside satellite dish. One of those (top on mine) goes to the cable and the bottom one (grey) wire is for cable feed. Behind your main tv, there will be several connections for coaxial cable. The coax cable that is fed from the antenna and the outside cable connection will already be hooked to your tv. You will have 2 other unused coax connections behind the tv. One of them will go directly to the outside connection for a satellite dish. The other unused coax connection behind the main tv will also go to the front bedroom tv which will also have a unused coax connection. This way you can feed the satellite feed from the main tv to the front so you could move the satellite receiver to the front bedroom.

The easiest way to figure it out is to go camping at a park with cable and hook it up to each one at a time. One of them will give you cable to the main tv and the other will be your satellite connection.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:49 PM   #7
Weekend Camper

Success!! Have all connectors identified and labled.

Thanks for all the information and advice.

Jim
Old 02-28-2013, 03:11 AM   #8
Weekend Camper

Sure would be a lot easier if they labelled the things when the RV was built!
https://i49.tinypic.com/2isju2o.jpg
joemusic321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:10 AM   #9
Weekend Camper

Just bought a new 2013 Rushmore Washington Model.Already had an outside Satellite dish as we live in our RV. Direct TV came out yesterday and could only get satellite on the TV in the living room.Have a call in to the dealership but wonder if anyone can tell me how to get my direct TV box to work in the bedroom.
Utmuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 03:10 AM   #10
Weekend Camper

I too have a new Washington. The way my coax connections are,
The connections in the dump station area = One goes to LR TV, The other goes to the the TV hook up in the basement.
Behind the LR TV, The connections on the top connector plate. One goes to the Dump area and the other goes to the bedroom TV. Crazy hook up HA.
I use 2 direct tv boxes, I have the LR working now and I guess I will use a splitter off of the incoming signal connect a coax cable to the jack behind the LR TV that goes to the bedroom and then connect my second box up there.

I hope this helps.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:21 PM   #11
Weekend Camper

I was able to locate the coax connections you are referring to.Got the TV in LR to work fine.Added a splitter and connected to the other coax connection on top, hooked up box in bedroom and still no satellite.Let me know if you get your bedroom connection to work. I actually added a splitter in the dump station and ran a cable to the outside TV in basement and added a box there as we watch a lot of TV outside.That one works fine.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:25 PM   #12
Weekend Camper

I was able to locate the coax connections you are referring to.Got the TV in LR to work fine.Added a splitter and connected to the other coax connection on top, hooked up box in bedroom and still no satellite.Let me know if you get your bedroom connection to work. I actually added a splitter in the dump station and ran a cable to the outside TV in basement and added a box there as we watch a lot of TV outside.That one works fine.