Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-03-2013, 02:58 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Hello everone.. We are new to the Crossroads family, We owned a Forest River ( FLAGSTAFF) TT , We traded it in for a 2013 32RL TT unit. I'm reading a lot of post in regards to the quality of the campers, I'm not getting a warm and fuzzy feeling with CR. So far , we have no issues with our unit, we took her out two weeks ago, and we are leaving today for another trip. I did have some major issues wiht our other unit, but I have to say, Forest River took great care of us,Does any one out there have somegood thingsto say about CR? We do expect some problems with our new unit, but I do want to know that CR will be there for us when we need them..

Old 05-03-2013, 03:03 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Like I have said to others asking this same question, most people will be more vocal when they have problems rather then when everything is going smooth. When we had a problem with our 5ver Crossroads took very good care of me, but some others on here haven't been as lucky.

Congrats on the new rig and hope you have many years of happy camping with her.

Chris & Karen- Heyworth, Illinois
2009 CF32BL pulled by a 2011 RAM 2500 CTD 4x4
PullRite Superglide 18K hitch
2015stats:
Nights: 28
Miles: 3245
longhauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 04:53 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

We had a problem with a slide actuator shortly after we bought our 2010 unit. Our dealer and Crossroads took care of it within one week under warranty. This was in 2009 under the older management team and the two year warranty. Things do seem to have changed since many of those managers have been replaced and the warranty has been reduced to one year. The appearance is that the bottum line (profit) now seems to be the all important thing.
2010 CF30SK Patriot
2007 CF30SK
dalemac377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 01:01 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

I believe the dealer is more important than the manufacturer where warranty repairs are concerned. That said, Ibelieve the RV industry as a whole has taken a step backward where quality is concerned. Most of the smaller manufacturers, Crossroads included, have now sold out to corporations who are more concerned with short term bottom line than they are long term relationships. I spent a year ill as a hornet over my last new RV. FR and my dealer worked through each issue to my satisfaction, but I had trouble getting over the fact that I had bought a brand new, $60K+ camper and it had QC issues. I came to the conclusion that I was making myself miserable instead of enjoying my camper. What I would tell anyone buying any brand of new RV now is to expect initial quality problems. You are more likely than not to have to take it back to the dealer a few times and have things fixed that really shouldn't be a problem, but are. So, instead of fretting over it, work through it, fix what you can yourself, and enjoy camping. Overall, they are a lot more fun than they are trouble.
Valley 16K slider
Ride-Rite air bags
mike06081969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 01:26 PM   #5
Weekend Camper

i have to agree with the previous post . you and your family need to enjoy yourself with your new toy . you have a years warranty and if youtravel frequently , you should be able to get all the bugs out within a year .

that being said , i believe the whole industry in general is taking shortcuts . bottom line profit margin . we have an 09 ST and the quality of the workmanship is a whole lot better than the newer ones .

enjoy yourself !!!
2013 Ram 2500 HD Hemi
Pullrite super glide
accordionman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 02:36 PM   #6
Full Time Camper

I have had my TT for almost 2 1/2 yrs now. I had some minor problems that were taken care of, albeit easier to get things dealt with during my 1st yr of my 2 yr warranty (I had the old warranty). I have not personally had an issue but can say that I have seen crossroads becoming less and less responsive over the past 2 yrs and a generalized shift in forum attitude paralleling this change. I hope it turns around but not sure it will. as others have said, go enjoy your unit and deal with any issues as they arise. At this point, you own your unit, so give crossroads a chance to form your opinion for you, whether it will be good or bad remains to be seen, but give them a chance to create it one way or the other.

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 03:17 PM   #7
Seasonal Camper

As a former CR owner, I can say they did take care of our problems, although it was a long and painful process; we owned the unit for 21 months and it spend over 8 months total time in the shop. We loved the floor plan, size and weight of our 335 but it just had too many problems. Traded it for a FR in September 2012 and it has not been back to the dealer yet.....after 5,700 miles and 50+ nights camping.
Sirsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:34 PM   #8
Weekend Camper

I to agree with most of the rest I pull campers out of IN. to the dealers and all manufactures are about the same if you have a good relationship with your dealer it can mean everything when it comes to being free of trouble have a good time with your camper and take tings as they come we to have just bought a new 5er and will do the same HAPPY CAMPING Jim&Carol
Old 05-03-2013, 11:19 PM   #9
Full Time Camper

What model FR did you get it and where did you buy, if I can ask.
Thanks

Faribault MN
LeBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 12:22 AM   #10
Weekend Camper

We bought a 35CK Rushmore at Sirpilla RV which is part of camping world at Akron OH. Good and Happy Camping Jim&Carol
Old 05-04-2013, 01:35 AM   #11
Full Time Camper

FR - Forest River
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 04:32 AM   #12
Family Vacation Member

I had some major issues, but Crossroads took good care of me. Now for the dealer on the other hand, did not (camping world). I am glad to hear that other manufactures also have issues. This is my first brand new unit and never thought I should have problems. I never had a problem with any of my new Toyota trucks. But Bill over at Crossroads is caring and has taken care of our needs. Hope that helps.
2014 Sunset Trail 32bh

"I work so I can CAMP, I camp to get away from WORK"
dminer04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 01:20 PM   #13
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dminer04

I had some major issues, but Crossroads took good care of me. Now for the dealer on the other hand, did not (camping world). I am glad to hear that other manufactures also have issues. This is my first brand new unit and never thought I should have problems. I never had a problem with any of my new Toyota trucks. But Bill over at Crossroads is caring and has taken care of our needs. Hope that helps.
I felt the same way when I bought my last new one. The service manager at the dealership kept telling me that it is normal to have several bugs to work out in the first several months. It was my third new camper, and the first I'd had any problems with, but apparently the industry took a step backward in factory QC between 2009 and 2011. But, after the dealer and FR worked out the kinks in mine, I loved it. We decided to downsize in cost and size of the camper or I would still have it.
Valley 16K slider
Ride-Rite air bags
mike06081969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 01:39 PM   #14
New Camper

Send a message via MSN to candid Send a message via Yahoo to candid
what do you think of Toyota?
Old 05-05-2013, 10:50 PM   #15
Weekend Camper

Thank you all. We just went on our second trip of the year in the new unit. ( 500 miles so far) and knock on wood, everything is working well. I know we are going to have issues , my concern was if CR was going to be hard to deal with, But as some of you said, its all about the dealer, and we do have a very good relationship with our selling dealer, this is our second unit we bought from them, We love camping, been doing it for over 20 years ( that includes our tenting years ) boy the good ol days.. .. lol.. Next trip in a few weeks, going to Castaway, inOCMD. We can not wait. Our longest trip this year will be Myrtle Beach, a place called Pirateland, We heard a lot of good things on this C.G. . Everyone, Enjoy this years and every year camping trips .. Its all good..
Old 05-06-2013, 12:29 PM   #16
Family Vacation Member

We owned an 06 30RL travel trailer and had no issues with it. We traded it in for a 335SS 5er at the Hersey show this past September. After being built and picking it up at the end of October, my wife and I spent a weekend in it in the driveway and filled 3 legal pad pages with concerns. We called the selling dealing, who contacted Crossroads in Indiana. They picked up the rig from my house on Long Island, NY and worked on all of our concerns. When done, they flew us down to the factory to see the repairs. They also stored it for the remainder of the winter season. They then drove it back to our house, and we have just returned from our first trip with the rig. So long story short, the Company did all they could to satisfy us, granted the whole experience could have been avoided with a bit more quality control.
2016 Dodge RAM 3500 Cummins Turbo Diesel Dually
Flathead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:45 PM   #17
Site Team

Was at the same camping trip with Flathead. It was also our first time out with our new '13 Patriot 335ss. Fortunately our list is very, very short. (4 items) We are very satisfied so far with the build of our rig. Hope the satisfaction with our rig continues.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:56 PM   #18
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by stelrs59
Thank you all.Â* We just went on our second trip of the year in the new unit. ( 500 miles so far) and knock on wood, everything is working well.Â* I know we are going to have issues , my concern was if CR was going to be hard to deal with, But as some of you said, its all about the dealer, and we do have a very good relationship with our selling dealer, this is our second unit we bought from them,Â* We love camping, been doing it for over 20 years ( that includes our tenting years ) boy the good ol days.. .. lol..Next trip in a few weeks, going to Castaway, inÂ*OCMD. We can not wait.Â*Â* Our longest trip this year will be Myrtle Beach, a place called Pirateland, We heard a lot of good things on this C.G. . Everyone, Enjoy this years and every year camping trips ..Â* Its all good..Â*

We stayed at pirateland in 2011, nice campground. If we head to Myrtle beach again we will probably stay there again but won't get an inland site again since they tend to be tight. in all fairness, the lady at the desk told me via phone that we would be happier in one of the other sites but I wanted some shade trees. Won't make that mistake again.Also, consider this years mason Dixon rally in VA in October. Also there will be another northeast crossroads rally next spring (it was in PA this past weekend). Go to rally's section for info on these.

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 12:44 PM   #19
New Camper

Hello stelrs59, we too have the Sunset Trail 32RL (2013). We've owned it now for about 7 weeks and have been on 5 long weekend trips so far with zero issues (knock on wood). Hopefully all the bugs have been worked out before they produced our units!
We're also heading to OC Maryland the weekend of May 31st, we're staying on Assateague Island.
Happy Camping!!!
jshaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 04:08 AM   #20
Full Time Camper

I purchased my TT a few months ago. I have had only a few minor issues and between Crossroads and my dealer Lazydays in Tampa, FL. I have received the service that I wanted. Maybe not as quick as I wanted but the results are to my satisfaction. As others have said I believe the right dealer makes all the difference. Lazydays is on the ball and they have worked hard to make me happy. I just wish they were closer to my home 4 to 5 hour drive stinks.

Bert, Cathy, Kylie & Kaitlin
2014 SunsetTrail Reserve 32BH
2009 Silverado 3500HD LTZ 4X4 6.6L Duramax
YouTube LetsRV Instagram LetsRV_
Bert is offline   Reply With Quote