Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-20-2016, 05:52 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Covers for Travel Trailers?

Thinking about getting one of those special covers designed for travel trailer to keep the sun and rain off of my trailer. Does anyone have one? It looks like they range in price anywhere from $150 to $500+. Some have zippered door that make it easier to get into the trailer if you don't want to pull the entire cover off if you need into it for some reason. Some are one single piece (a paint to put on?)

Any opinions on these? What's a good one?
IQRaceworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 01:00 PM   #2
Site Team

At one point Crossroads did not recommend them. People have complained about the cover rubbing various parts of the rv and knocking off the roof drains. If I was to get one, they sell a roof only cover.
RV Roof Covers | RVCovers.com

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 05:23 AM   #3
Seasonal Camper

All forums seem to have debates pro and con on covers. Some say they rub and damage the finish but I haven't found it to be a problem. They are a pain to install and remove. If you live in a very wind prone area, it might move more and cause damage. The biggest negative to me is they only last (me, at least) two or three years. The side material is soft and kind of fluffy, and will eventually tear. Usually at a seam. My unit is under oak trees which rain down nasty stuff in the spring so I think a cover is worth the cost and hassle, especially since we don't do weekend getaways. Others will not agree.

Unless you really enjoy cleaning and waxing, some kind of protection is useful. And any unit will look better longer, require less work and hold it's value better if covered somehow. A concrete floored barn with power is the gold standard.

You pays your money and you takes your choice. You can look up a lot of threads on various forums debating covers to help you decide. Best of luck on your research.
Old 06-21-2016, 05:53 AM   #4
Seasonal Camper

Getting ready to have a metal carport building installed. While it is more money than a cover it should outlive me and it should be hassle free. Tried the cover but it was a lot of work to install and only lasted 3 years.
Reese DC
hondavalk is offline   Reply With Quote