Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-10-2017, 02:59 PM   #1
Family Vacation Member

Crossroads Non Support, here we go again

I had posted a thread earlier in the year about excessive frame flex on my 2015 Crossroads Cruiser. The unit has been in the shop since the end of the camping season while CW has been diagnosing the problem with Lippert and Crossroads. The three of them have determined that the trailer chassis was delivered to Crossroads as ordered. Crossroads failed to put in wooden supports needed to connect the chassis to the body. This resulted in lag bolts snapping off, working the nuts off due to movement and in a couple other places bending the bolts. Cost of repair, about $2500.

As you can guess from the title of this thread, Crossroads acknowledges they failed to properly build this trailer, but refuses to accept any of the cost to repair it. This is because why? The 1 year warrantee expired 6 months before the problem was found.

Let this be a warning to ANYONE thinking of buying one of their units....

I'm sure I will be posting more on this. CW is providing me with all the pictures they took while documenting the problem....
Old 01-10-2017, 03:37 PM   #2
Seasonal Camper

Somehow I'm not surprised. I called them yesterday concerning a small stress crack developing near our front slide. I took a couple pictures, they agreed to review and call me back. Still waiting! I have called them a few times......never got any results.

2013 Chevy 3500HD
2012 Rushmore 38CK
2slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 07:39 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

I just canceled my order for a new SS33SI trailer because of your post. Horrible customer support.
Old 01-11-2017, 11:03 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

Very sorry to hear your status on this issue. I'd repair the unit, then file thru small claims court or hire a lawyer.

Will be interested in seeing your pics and seeing their method of construction. In the past, the only wood used as structural was the blocks of wood inserted into the aluminum tubes where bolts or screws we're going to be used.
Dayle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 01:23 PM   #5
Family Vacation Member

From what the Service Manager described to me, those sound like the blocks of wood. Not sure of what we are going to do. If I post we take them to court that would break the rules of the forum. So we will just see. No need to hire a lawyer though. I'm married to one.