Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-10-2016, 04:05 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Crossroads Support

I hope this is on me. I bought a st320bh. This thing has been in the shop longer than I have owned it. To be clear it is not because of the company but the techs. The issue I have is that I live in Phoenix and I have one service dealer in my state. That dealer will get to it after they get to the trailers they sold out of their shop. I am not sure what to do any more but I cannot get anything fixed on this thing. I caution others that are buying these to speak with your local shops to find out what it will take to get service done on these and how far you will need to drive to get that work done.
Baguak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 05:26 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

I deal with crossroads and have a mobile tech that diagnosis the problem and they send the parts. I pay up front and they reimburse me within in 2 weeks. They do not pay the service call fee but it is cheaper than hauling it 200 and sitting on a dealers lot. We are fulltime and have done this for the last 2 years
Old 11-10-2016, 07:01 PM   #3
Gone Traveling

You are experiencing the #2 biggest RV industry problem ( dealers that suck), #1 being poor QC from the factory. If I were you I'd be at that dealer tomorrow to pick up my RV & tell them there would be no charge for the advertising you will be giving about them & their service department to everyone you meet starting with the first person you meet in the parking lot. Call Crossroads for a mobile tech & start enjoying your RV instead of dealing with their BS.
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 05:12 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

We found something better than a friendly dealer (of which there seem to be few): an RV service place that does not sell new RVs and is not associated with any brand. They occasionally sell the odd used trailer, but that's it. They have three heated bays with very high doors. They can do warranty work for any brand and the owner chases after stuff.

It took us well over three months to get an estimate to repair some water damage from a Crossroads dealer. It took this guy three days to come up with an estimate and the work was done in short order, and done well, and for a slightly cheaper price as his shop fees are lower.

The place is called BGM RV Repair and they are just outside of Chesterville, Ontario, south of Ottawa.

2012 Cruiser Sahara 330SS
2015 F250 Super Duty diesel
Loneoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 01:51 PM   #5
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneoak View Post
We found something better than a friendly dealer (of which there seem to be few): an RV service place that does not sell new RVs and is not associated with any brand. They occasionally sell the odd used trailer, but that's it. They have three heated bays with very high doors. They can do warranty work for any brand and the owner chases after stuff.

It took us well over three months to get an estimate to repair some water damage from a Crossroads dealer. It took this guy three days to come up with an estimate and the work was done in short order, and done well, and for a slightly cheaper price as his shop fees are lower.

The place is called BGM RV Repair and they are just outside of Chesterville, Ontario, south of Ottawa.

I appreciate that but it is about 4000 miles from me.
Baguak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 02:14 PM   #6
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baguak View Post
Yeah, I get that.

With dealers refusing to service people's units and being overbooked, there is a need for the type of facility that services any make. Add to that the lack of quality in the building process which leads to more repairs, this is a golden business opportunity. I am surprised not more entrepreneurs have jumped into this.

Someone with investment capital could even set up a network of repair facilities.

2012 Cruiser Sahara 330SS
2015 F250 Super Duty diesel
Loneoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 05:13 PM   #7
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baguak View Post
I would give CR customer service a call and see if they have any independent service techs in your area that can do their warranty work. I have an independent tech here that can do warranty work for several manufacturers. My dealer is only 15 miles away, but they do crappy work.

2013 Chevy 3500HD
2012 Rushmore 38CK
2slick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
maintenance