Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

View Poll Results: How will the "new" Crossroads warranty affect your next rv purchase???
I'll stick by Crossroads and buy another Crossroads rv. 4 5.80%
I'll look around and compare other rv's . 58 84.06%
I'll definitly not buy another Crossroads rv. 7 10.14%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-18-2012, 03:02 PM   #1
Site Team

Let's see your reactions to Crossroads "new" warranty.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:00 AM   #2
New Camper

You didn't give the option for people who have never had a CR unit asking if CR is still the frontrunner for the unit they're most likely to purchase - even with the new warranty.
mooseme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 03:20 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

I bet if you had posted this same poll a year ago the results would be much different.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 03:24 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

Am vrey lucky with my crossroads product and would buy another one anytime, for the warranty if it OK for a year most likely you would be good to go, people should try and stop winding about little things and the big one would take care of them selves.
Trini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 04:34 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

Maybe you should spend more time reading some of the post on here with people in their second year of warranty and are still fighting with Crossroads and dealers to try and get their trailers repaired. If they had a 1 year warranty with a Promise they would be up **** creek right now.
Old 10-19-2012, 04:49 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

may be if people stop winding to CR they would get more out of them
Trini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 05:39 AM   #7
Full Time Camper

I believe you meam "whining" not "winding. As a fairly new member of the forums you probably have not seen the large increase in problem postings over the past two years. Stick around and observe for a while first.
2010 CF30SK Patriot
2007 CF30SK
dalemac377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 06:54 AM   #8
Family Vacation Member

After being covered with urine because the wires from the slide were pulling the dark water handle out, and Randy saying he kind of doubted that happened, we will definitely shop around the next time. The slide wires even broke one side of the T- handle off. Took a couple trips in to get it finally straightened out. I had to take pictures, showing the initial repair was half-a**ed and sent the pictures to Crossroads and the dealership and had to do a bunch of pushing to get it fixed. Who knows if the internal valves have an issue now. I tried to get that replaced but they wouldn't My thought is if it pulled the handle hard enough to break it, what else did it do.

Then as I just recently posted in the Cruiser section, the screws holding the trim work etc on are breaking in half, rusting and having the heads pull off. This is on a 2010 model. We called the dealer and was told this was "normal maintenance" for us to have to repair/replace screws. Since when is it normal maintenance to have to replace part of the structure because it is failing ?

If we hadn't caught onto this, we would have suffered water damage and then they would have said "your fault". The top 3 screws that hold the angled trim piece on that secures the front fiberglass and the top edge of the rubber roof had their heads pop off.

Additionally, the ones that were broke and just spinning in the holes are nothing but shoddy installation with a power driver and the factory people just don't care or are being pushed too fast to do it correctly.

I have since replaced all the screws with stainless. Total cost, a whopping $23.00. For a wallet breaking $23.00 they have made me think twice on whether or not we would buy from them again let alone the issue with slide wires being too long.

Edited by: drcook

2004.5 Chevy Duramax crew cab 4x4
2010 Crossroads Cruiser 30QBX
1991 K2500 4x4 being restored
drcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:50 AM   #9
Weekend Camper

I reciently purchased a 2013 Crossroads 5er as my introduction to RVing.Crossroads actually gave me a 2year warranty on the unit and will be starting collecting on small stuff like the table chairs starting to peel apart and the bathroom door knob being installed wrong (which I didn't pay attention on the overnight stay when we took possesion). So far I am happy with our purchase and the assistance I have gotten so far with both Crossroads and Lazydays.

Dave, Ana & Knox
2008 Silverado 2500LTZ
2013 Cruiser Aire 28CS
Weekend Warriors
davec404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:03 AM   #10
Family Vacation Member

Hunter 11 you are right. This is my 3rd Cruiser. The first 2 ok, last one was 2008 and it had a few problems but got them fixed. Got a 2012 Cruiser 335SS. This is going on my second year and had a water leak in bedroom slide with multi attemps dealer and twice factory and still not done. So for the one year warranty what would the slide out unit cost you? Have had alot of problems with this coach. My other 2 was not like this. So if people think the new warranty is great get you checkbook out while you all still making payments. I'm out on the new warranty.

2012 Cruiser CF335SS
cruzinfools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:53 PM   #11
Pnr
Family Vacation Member

I bought our 30re in january 2012. I saw good things online when I researched crossroads, I think I bought in right when things were starting to become appreant things were going down hill.

It has had major problems, cr has fixed it, but it has sit at the dealers lot waiting on crossroads approval for WEEKS on end.

Letting it sit helps use up that two year warranty, hard for more problems to show up when you are not using it.

I have fixed many many problems myself, because I didn't want to hassle with the warranty.

I just got back from a 10 day trip. I wish I could take just ONE trip without having a fix it list when I get home !!!!!!!

Nothing big this time just quality issues, like some plumbing that is dripping, needs tightened. small irritating things.

I notice not even all the forum cheerleaders, have voted they would stay true to crossroads and not shop around. only three I believe voted to stay loyal, we used to have more cheerleaders than three on here.

Maybe they are realizing things HAVE changed for the worse ??
Pnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 02:09 AM   #12
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pnr
I bought our 30re in january 2012. I saw good things online when I researched crossroads, I think I bought in right when things were starting to become appreant things were going down hill.
It has had major problems, cr has fixed it, but it has sit at the dealers lot waiting on crossroads approval for WEEKS on end.

Letting it sit helps use up that two year warranty, hard for more problems to show up when you are not using it.
I have fixed many many problems myself, because I didn't want to hassle with the warranty.
I just got back from a 10 day trip. I wish I could take just ONE trip without having a fix it list when I get home !!!!!!!
Nothing big this time just quality issues, like some plumbing that is dripping, needs tightened. small irritating things.
I notice not even all the forum cheerleaders, have voted they would stay true to crossroads and not shop around. only three I believe voted to stay loyal, we used to have more cheerleaders than three on here.
Maybe they are realizing things HAVE changed for the worse ??
Yeah maybe ...
Travel Well / Travel Safe ...

'12 F350(NotShown) / '11 Rushmore 35RL
https://i53.tinypic.com/2qs5cw3.jpg
Ruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 08:35 AM   #13
Weekend Camper

I have been looking at seriously getting a Sunset Trail 28BH. I spoke with a dealer today that claims to be one of the larger Crossroads dealers in the US. I specifically asked them about the warranty going from 2 years down to 1. This was their answer:

That is correct. Their previous 2 year warranty was limited to item actually made by Crossroads, which wasn't much! So, they just went to a one year bumper to bumper like all the other brands.

Does this soundcorrect to everyone? Was the 2 year warrantylimited to only items actually made byCrossroads?

Thanks.
JeremyN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 08:48 AM   #14
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
Yes, the entire coach is made and assembled by them - walls, floor, roof, cabinets, assembly quality, front/rear cap, trim, etc.

Sounds like the dealer is trying to minimize the effect. Did you ask about the five year structural warranty being gone too? By the way, the vendors typically already had a one or two year warranty so that hasn't changed.....
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:13 AM   #15
Full Time Camper

Some of the appliances and components may only have a one year warranty. I know KZ offers a 2 year bumper to bumper warranty and it covers anything the vendors do not cover past one year. Not sure about what Jayco's 2 year warranty includes.