Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-09-2013, 09:41 PM   #1
New Camper

Hello everyone!

So......the wife and I are going to look at a 2007, 33MK toyhauler Cruiser that's for sale. We're experianced 5th wheel owners, but we have no experiance with Crossroads and their products. We're interested in this Cruiser because it offers the features we're interested in at a low UVW weight that works withinour tow vehicle's safe towing limit when we're loaded.

If anyone who currently owns one of these 33MK toyhaulers would like to provide us with their take on it we'd sure appreciate hearing from you. And is there anything in particular on the 33MK model we should pay extra attention to when we're looking it over?

It's at an RV dealer now and they'vetold usthat everything works as it should, and we've learned as much as we could about it's past from the nice folks in the Crossroads Customer Service Office.

Thanks!
CamperSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:00 PM   #2
Weekend Camper

I owned one for 3 years. Had stress cracks develop where front overhang meets the main body, major delamination and water problems. Push on all the exterior areas andIinterior walls, especially around windows. If its spongy feeling, its leaking. Because it was an afterthought design of toyhauler, its has a valve system under the sink for the 2 fresh water tanks, make them identify all the valves under there if the previous owner did not. If it has the bunck beds in the garage, watch them go up and down. They had the first version happijack bed system that was prone to failure. They were not very popular models. Since 2007 I have only ever seen about 3 in person.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:14 PM   #3
New Camper

Thank you for your comments and suggestions, 2wheelglider. That good info. coming from a previous owner of one of these. We'll definitely take your advice during our inspection, especially re the potential water damage and the stress cracks.

The model we're looking at doesn't have the cargo bed option so at least that's one potential problem we don't have to worry about. :-)
CamperSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:18 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

As2wheelglider said they must not have been very popular and they did not sell many of them because they did not seem to be on the market very long.</span>
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 02:37 PM   #5
New Camper

Hi Steve,
I am the original owner of a 2007XF33MK. We have had very good luck with it, and don't have any stress cracks or soft spots. I will say that the Mission Tires it came with are junk and the warrantees are worse. I had two catastrophic tire failures on one trip and they were not covered. We have the bed in the back an had issues until the dealer "loosened" up the mounting bolts which fixed the issues we were having. We also had issues with the garage floor that was fixed under warrantee.

It does have a valve system under the sink that allows you to select between the two fresh water tanks and also to bypass the hot water heater, and to winterize the system. It's not hard to figure out.
scarna is offline   Reply With Quote