Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-02-2011, 05:21 AM   #1
New Camper

I am starting a business to purchase trailers in the US and resell them in Ontario or if someone finds an RV, I can help get it home if they are unsure how. I was wondering how concerned people are that their trailer may not have a CSA seal on it. I have done some research and found that RV's at US dealers do not have a CSA seal and that by taking it to Canadian Tire only gives you an SOC label that meets Transport Canada requirements and allows you to license it. A CSAseal can only be put on at the time of construction and not later. I have seen a lot of US dealers websites say that by taking it to Canadian Tire you get a CSA seal which is incorrect. I do not want to mislead anyone. Is not having a CSA seala major concern or not a big deal?I purchased a 2011 Zinger ZT26BL recently with no CSA seal.

Atwood, Ontario
New-RV Source is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 10:49 AM   #2
Weekend Camper

CSA is not a big deal. Dealers in Ontario will tell you you need one, saying you need to have one to get into most campgrounds. Lots of BS. The wiring, plumbing and brakeare suppose to be a different standard, not sure if that actually happens. You are correct Canadian Tire has nothing to do with the CSA sticker, only Transport Canada.
Goon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 07:23 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

Just for everyones information Alberta has dropped the requirement for a CSA sticker on new trailers sold in Alberta. All they have to have is the RVIA seal. Rumor has it that other provinces are going to follow.Edited by: 201126rkx

Steady Fast Stabilizer System

2011 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie Crew Cab
201126rkx is offline   Reply With Quote