Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-10-2018, 12:17 PM   #1
Seasonal Camper

Defective limit switch

Does anyone happen to know the furnace model used in the CF305SKP, or more specifically the part number of the limit switch in that furnace? I believe I have a defective limit switch. Considering the relatively inexpensive nature of these switches, I thought that I would try to replace it myself.

Thanks,

Gary Harkins

Dodge 3500, 2011 CF305SKP
CygnusSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 09:32 AM   #2
Seasonal Camper

If you can access the furnace, it will have a tag on the outer case. I suppose you're referring to the "sail switch", which proves combustion air flow. It is pretty simple to test with VOM if you can access it. On our Surburban the sail switch is in series with the high temperature limit. I just replaced the control board in ours. PITA, as ours is under the kitchen cabinet!

2013 Chevy 3500HD
2012 Rushmore 38CK
2slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 02:48 PM   #3
Seasonal Camper

Thanks for the response! I looked up "suburban sail switch vs suburban limit switch" and they are apparently two different items. Apparently the sail switch will only operate if the amount of air flow is adequate. The limit switch operates at the time the thermostat calls for heat which runs the blower and allows the sail switch to sense the amount of air flow. NOTE: that may be wrong, but that's my best understanding of the two switches.

Gary

Dodge 3500, 2011 CF305SKP
CygnusSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 05:05 PM   #4
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CygnusSailor View Post
Thanks for the response! I looked up "suburban sail switch vs suburban limit switch" and they are apparently two different items. Apparently the sail switch will only operate if the amount of air flow is adequate. The limit switch operates at the time the thermostat calls for heat which runs the blower and allows the sail switch to sense the amount of air flow. NOTE: that may be wrong, but that's my best understanding of the two switches.

Gary

Don’t know why I confused what you said. The limit switch is the one that opens in high temperature situations. On ours, they are in series, so either will cause the same symptoms. IIRC, the fan will run like 15 seconds then shut down if the above switches do not complete the circuit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2013 Chevy 3500HD
2012 Rushmore 38CK
2slick is offline   Reply With Quote