Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-28-2019, 05:04 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Dehumidifiers

I know it's a little early but I need to think about getting a dehumidifier for my .. Z-1

I'm not a big summer months camper I basically use my RV for deer season here in PA,last year it was pretty cold and was constantly wiping off condensation on the windows.

I keep the thermostat for the furnace at about 67 but when it's 30 outside I still get condensation on the windows.

I did notice if I kept all the blinds up I didn't get the condensation but I do like to close them at night.

I'm thinking a dehumidifier will help.

My question is does anyone here use them and what would you recommend. I'd say the camper inside is about 29 feet

I plug in so power isn't a problem

Thanks
mossyoak1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 05:12 PM   #2
Weekend Camper

We use a soleus air 30 pint in our redwood 36rl. Works great and not to noisy. They do put off some heat so that's a plus for winter time use
Leroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 05:50 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leroy View Post
We use a soleus air 30 pint in our redwood 36rl. Works great and not to noisy. They do put off some heat so that's a plus for winter time use
Thanks,I'll check that one out
mossyoak1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 07:22 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

Funny, we just purchased one off eBay and got it delivered and setup in the camper on Thursday. We have a metal building that we keep our 5er in and these past couple of rainy summers have been tough even though we keep four damp-rid containers in the camper when not camping. This compact Dehumidifier from Ivation, thermoelectric technology is just 9.4" x 17" x 7.5" . It’s quiet and has both a water container or can be used with a drain hose. Since Thursday this thing has pulled about a quarts of water out. I have it sitting next to the kitchen sink and the drain hose in the sink. I’ve been monitoring the amount by a hose attached to the outside dump and collecting into a plastic jug. The surge protector shows pulling 3 amps with just the dehumidifier running. I hope it last.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 4F4FD69F-CD12-4CCA-9463-24F684E8D2E6.jpeg (96.4 KB, 19 views)

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote

« AC Issues | Blinds »