Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-01-2010, 12:04 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Hello again!

Well my tires are on the way (I posted the "Help-need tires!) posting last weekend. Now I'm thinking about possibly changing out my stock equalizer "triangle". I figure if I have to go through all this jacking up stuff, I may as well go all the way.

There are two brands I have looked at, Dexter EZ Flex and TrailAir. The Dexter is on sale, the entire kit with the "wet" (greasable) bolts, for $150. The TrailAir goes for $250, plus another $50 for the wet bolts. So at twice the price, why the difficult decision?

The measurements of my Zinger ZT25RK original setup means that if I install the Dexter, it will lower the trailer by about 1". Dexter has a note for that, and recommends making sure that by doing this I will not have too little "bump clearance"....the clearance between the axle and the frame. The Trailair does not mention anything about this at all.

I should mention that I am a machinist, doing a mod like this doesn't intimidate me, and I have a good understanding of how things work mechanically. I am not a millionaire by any means, but the difference in price does not mean more to me than the issue of safety or possible future damage.

Has anyone any recommendations between the two systems? Has anyone put the Dexter on the 25RK Zinger or had them installed?

Thanks again in advance, Dave

and Charlie the Wonder Dog

Western Mass

2009 Zinger 25RK

2005 Toyota 4Runner V8
de4nier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 01:00 AM   #2
Seasonal Camper

I installed the Dexter on my 2003 CF27RL Cruiser and liked it a lot!!!

We have the TrailAir on the new 30SK and I like it a lot also!!

I really can't tell a difference other than the new trailer is a lot heavier but they both improved the ride.

For the $$$ and the Dexter is on sale, I would go with the Dexter. It will be much better than stock.

Viet Nam Vet 70-71 Da Nang

Real airplanes have two wings and big, round, engines
BipeFlier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 02:29 AM   #3
Seasonal Camper

You might look at how much room you have at the top of your tire, From the top of the tire to the bottom of the camper, I have seen post on here where some people had week springs and they could actualy see where ther tire had made contact with the camper. An inch could be a lot.

Good luck.
gtoguy1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 02:39 AM   #4
Site Team

I fully agree with gtoguy. Before you go any further you should measure your clearance between the top of tire and top of wheel well.
I have the trailair/wet bolt and I'm satisfied with them. I don't have any experience with the dexter.

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 06:43 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

I have the equa-flex and it will either hold hight or raise it never lower it. If you go under 3&1/2 in you should hit. At least mine hit before it installed equa=flex.
cwit is offline   Reply With Quote