Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-17-2009, 12:02 AM   #1
Family Vacation Member

We are on our maiden voyage with the new trailer and digital TV. We are using the anteanna the picture is great until we turn on the bathroom vent, then the picture distorts. Is there some kind of filter I need to be using on the AC to the TV. I am assuming the interferance is coming through the converter.

2004 Ford F350 Diesel

https://i627.photobucket.com/albums/t...30slbucket.jpg
dja29RK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 12:14 AM   #2
Family Vacation Member

We just crossed from Canada to Maine near Woodstock and found out about the digital TV in the US, so we got a converter for 45 US$,still did not hook it up.

CF29CK 2006

F-350 2006

https://danyshula.blogspot.com//
danyshula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 12:33 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dja29RK

We are on our maiden voyage with the new trailer and digital TV. We are using the anteanna the picture is great until we turn on the bathroom vent, then the picture distorts. Is there some kind of filter I need to be using on the AC to the TV. I am assuming the interferance is coming through the converter.

It's not likely that the interference is coming through the AC. Instead I think that it's coming from the DC that is supplying the antenna amplifier because the bathroom fan motor is DC.Since your trailer is new, I suspect that yourTV co-ax cable connectors are at fault.They have beenpoorly installed in the pastand this may be the same in your case. Ifall the connectors are good then you should have little or no interference on yourTV. It only takes onepoorlyinstalled connector to cause a lotofgrief. Ithink thatthis will be especially true withDTV.Edited by: Hamops
2006 Cruiser CF30SK
Hamops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 12:30 PM   #4
Family Vacation Member

We have a 2010 Kingston and have the same problem, bathroom fan causes interference with the digitial TV. While not critical it would be nice to find a cure

2012 Cruiser CF325CKP

2010 Ford F-350 6.4 SB 4wd

W0CSC

Semper Fi 59-63
calliopeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 12:51 PM   #5
Weekend Camper

We have a 2010 29rk Cruiser and have the same problem with the stove exaust fan.
mosledder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 01:41 PM   #6
Seasonal Camper

Are you running the ant. booster? That could be a problem if the inverter is having a problem keeping up with the amp requirement as the fans draw 3 amps+. The other issue may be the coax cable. Another post here says they use RG 59, i haven't checked mine yet, probably should, but 59 is cheaper with less insulating properties.A lot of the digital channels run on the higher frequencies which are more suseptible to interference. Should I get a sat as I have been pondering, I will run a separate line in from the dish. Guess CR will need to change their coax specs.
Tom&Denice, Carmel,Betsy, Brighton&Daisy(Rescued Cockers)YukonXL 2500 8.1 4:10 CT31GR https://i276.photobucket.com/albums/k...ofP1010009.jpg
ClassicHammond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 10:59 AM   #7
Family Vacation Member

It should be the converter and the antenna boost not getting along.I suspect you are on shore power. If so, turn on the batteries, which will cause you to run the DC off of them.

2008.5ish Kingston KF30SB

2008 Chevy 3500 dually
sheltieRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 12:46 PM   #8
Full Time Camper

_popupControl();

I don't have problem with the main tv, but I have the problem with the bedroom TV. I'm guessing it's just interference. Once I turn the fan off it's goes away. The only time the fan is used is to clear the air or during showering. So I really don't care.

'07 F250 Diesel Crew Cab 4x4

'08 CF30QB

Reese Signature Slider 18k Hitch
salda01 is offline   Reply With Quote