Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-23-2016, 07:24 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

dragging slide

I have a 2005 crossroads cf28rl cruiser that the wife and I dearly love. As with most things that are aging problems sometimes come up. I usually can figure them out and fix them myself but I have hit a snag.
Our bedroom slide has begun to drag heavily on the carpet and a cross brace is catching on a ledge just before fully out. It seems as if the slide has dropped about half an inch.
There is no apparent adjustment although I am sure there must be one. So far I haven't been able to find a slideout mechanism like it on line so I need help identifying the brand or model and how to adjust it.
Any help would be appreciated.

2005 GMC 2500HD D/M crew cab
towhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 05:54 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

On many bedroom slides, the bed frame moves on rollers, the mechanism simply pushes it. Either the screws holding the rollers to the base or the ones holding the slide bar are loose and/or wallowed out allowing the wood base to settle. You can also remove the screws holding the mechanism to the floor and slip a spacer, maybe 1/4 inch thick in place, then reinstall the screws. Also check that the wood base is not falling apart and sagging. Hope this helps.
Dayle1 is offline   Reply With Quote