Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-05-2012, 01:32 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Just took delivery of our new 3612 Elevation and are on our shakeout run. We went to hookup the city water but it doesn't seem to be working. I filed up the holding tank and turned on the pump so I have water, but with the switch to normal I don't have anything.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!
bws1105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 07:21 AM   #2
Seasonal Camper

Could be the check valve is stuck? Remove the hose and screen from the hook up at the trailer and with a pencil or similar try to push in on the valve.

Viet Nam Vet 70-71 Da Nang

Real airplanes have two wings and big, round, engines
BipeFlier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 12:49 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

Thanks for the tip. Gave it a try and got nothing but wet!! There was pressure behind it even though I had the taps open inside.
Old 05-07-2012, 04:27 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

Sounds like there is an obstruction in the line somewhere between the water hook up and before you get to the faucets. My guess would either be the water filter (if there is one in the camper) or at the pump (there should be a "Y" connection there to allow water from either source to enter the plumbing lines). It will be a matter of tracing the line and checking each junction. I would start with the connection at the pump first since you know you are getting water from there to the camper. Seems I saw one camper with a built in water filter that had a in line shut off so you could replace the cartridge without soaking everything. Not sure if yours has that or not.Edited by: Monty

Hensley, AR

'05 CF29RK,

'01 Ford F250 CrewCab
Monty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 05:20 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

Just picked my unit up from the dealer for the long weekend. One of the things on my list was the water (obviously). When I picekd it up there are actual 4 settings on the dial; tank, normal, winterize, and city. The city setting was on the bottom of the dial and I never saw it. I thought normal was the setting I was supposed to be on. So i'll test out the City setting this weekend and see how it goes!

Thanks for the suggestions!
Old 05-24-2012, 05:39 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

OK so what does the "Normal" setting do? The others seem pretty straight forward.

Hensley, AR

'05 CF29RK,

'01 Ford F250 CrewCab
Monty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 07:49 AM   #7
Weekend Camper

Normal is where you turn it to when you are using tank water. So you set it to Tank to fill the tank, then normal to use the tank.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:46 AM   #8
New Camper

I just bought a TF3612 and I can't find the water heater...could you please tell me where they are hidden on these rigs?
ogrejones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:01 AM   #9
Weekend Camper

Water heater and furnace and DC converter are located behind the panel on the basement storage compartment. That is why the basement storage is not pass through. That is also where you will find the water connections and the water heater bypass. Not very accessible and rather difficult to get that divider panel out of the storage compartment.
2wheelglider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:05 AM   #10
New Camper

Thanks 2wheelglider...that does seem like inconvenient/awkward access...but you at least saved me from tearing apart the whole toy hauler looking for the darn water heater. Thanks again.
ogrejones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:13 PM   #11
New Camper

When Idid thePDI with my new Elevation Toy Hauler and went through the water hookup instruction, it left my mind as soon as I drove off the lot. I went out to the valve manufacturer website and printed of this web page:

http://www.andersonbrass.com/rv_4_function_fill_station.php

It explaines in words and pictures what each of the valve positions does.

2012 Ford F350 King Ranch w/6.7L Power Stroke Diesel
2013 Elevation 3912
Fla-Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote