Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-23-2011, 05:46 AM   #1
Full Time Camper

posted on November 23, 2011 11:29 by Greg Gerber's RV D@ily Report<div ="articleEntry Normal"><div ="article">

TOPEKA, Ind. -- CrossRoads RV plans to help elevate RV dealership sales with the launch of its newest toy hauler, the Elevation, the company announced today.

The Elevation is a full featured toy hauler that comes in two travel trailer models and three fifth wheel floorplans. It has been designed specifically to serve the half-ton and 3/4-ton market. The Elevation's lightweight engineering and sleek design sets it apart from every other same old toy hauler in the market today, said Matt Thompson, general manager for the toy hauler division.

“The elevation has been a project driven by passion," he explained. "Nearly everyone involved are riders of some sort from President Don Emahiser, Product Champion Kevin Combs, Vice President of Operations Dan Kreider, Production Manager Mike Cline and, yes, even me.

"I would like to thank Travis Pastrana, Kurt Nicoll and the rest of the Nitro Circus team for being so instrumental in the Elevation's birth," he added. "Where else can you find a full profile, 35-foot, triple slide with a bath and a half and a 10-foot garage, weighin just over 9,500 pounds?"

The new Elevation toy hauler will be displayed at the National RV Trade Show in Louisville, Ky., Nov. 29 to Dec. 1 in the South Wing of the Kentucky Expo Center in Booth 1001.

Headquartered in Topeka, Ind., CrossRoads RV manufactures a wide variety of travel trailers, fifth wheels, and park models at five plant locations. Its products are distributed by dealers throughout the United States, Canada, France, Japan, and Australia. CrossRoads is a division of Thor Industries.

Art and Karen
2013 Itasca Sunstar 35F, 2013 Ford C Max toad.
170 nights in 2013
132 in 2014
artgpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 08:26 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

I guess they are getting back into the toy hauler market. I have seen some. I think they were cross fire or cross terrain something like that, in some of the campgrounds around here in California. I am sure it is a big market here in the desert and those wanting to take toys with them without pulling a second trailer. I just hope that CR still builds a quality unit and not something to keep up with the other RV builders

Old 11-24-2011, 12:49 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

Looks really nice. I love our CrossTerrain and would expect similar quality. I am shocked that they indicate that it will serve the "half ton" market. At dry weight of 9,500 #'s, I can't imagine pulling this with a half ton truck.

Our 32' is a triple axle but similar in dry weight and I pull it with a 3/4 ton F-250 Powerstoke.

Anyone thinking a half ton will be okay is underestimating this weight. I think they need to reconsider the script.

Bob and Better Half

2007 F-250 PSD, SW, CC, LB, 2WD
2006 TF32SS Cross Terrain Toy Hauler (sold)
Reese 16k slider
r2millers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 02:55 AM   #4
hhh
Seasonal Camper

It's even borderline for a 3/4 ton gasser. At 12K loaded, that would put 2400 lbs on the pin, more then the load limit of any 1/2 ton and the majority of 3/4 tons.
https://www.tgifrv.com/wp-c&#111;ntent/gal.../rigsigpic.jpg

'11 CF285RL Patriot - '08 GMC 3500HD D/A CC LB Dually - Yamaha Zuma 125

tgif: let's RV
hhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 12:55 PM   #5
Full Time Camper

WOW...can't wait to see some specs on this....

2015 Rushmore Springfield
Disc Brake upgrade, Goodyear G614 tire upgrade
RV FLEX-ARMOR roof, Mor-Ryde IS suspension

2017 F350 Dually 4x4 6.7 Bronze Fire
gossamar is offline   Reply With Quote