Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-08-2013, 12:07 PM   #1
New Camper

I am looking to purchase a elevation tow behind toy hauler or a keystone. Fuzion 300 or 301 toy hauler sort of stuck on which one is the better choice anybody have any pros and cons on either. There is just so many toy haulers to choose from and which one is the best constructed with few problems. It just drives you nuts even when you go to a RV show you walk away even more confused. And every manufacture says his is the best on the market. Just where do you start?HELLLP!!!
rwmurphy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:37 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

I haven't owned a toy hauler per se, but I have owned 2 travel trailers and 2 fifth wheels, 3 of those being bought when they were new. My best advice is to find a dealer near you with a really good reputation for customer service, then see what they have to offer. I don't think there is really a whole lot of difference between brands as far as quality. You will likely have some initial quality problems no matter which one you buy. I would try to work a deal to get a 7 year warranty thrown in. They are pretty expensive if you purchase them separately, but they don't cost the dealers near as much as they try to sell them for. If you press hard enough, they will probably throw it in for you. Honestly, I think it is hard to beat a Forest River for overall build and continuing to look good as they age, but that isn't to say that they have a perfect QC program by any means. I've owned a Flagstaff and a Blue Ridge. The Flagstaff gave me zero problems and the Blue Ridge, after working through some initial kinks, was a great unit. Both were built by Forest River.I really like the Crossroads Cruiser I have now, but they say on here thatthe quality on the Crossroads units isn't what it was back when mine was built, so I don't know for sure. Again, I would go with a dealership with a good reputation, because they will be worth their weight in gold if you need to use your warranty for anything.
Valley 16K slider
Ride-Rite air bags
mike06081969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:52 PM   #3
New Camper

Thanks for your reply. I have been looking for a year now and the dealers around me have good service but they won,t budge much on msrp prices they say they are not making any thing if they lower there price. I know better than that, So I need to go out of my areas where I see lower prices but don,t know there service record.
rwmurphy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:59 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

I live near a mega-dealer (six locations within two hours of my home) and they were unwilling to budge on price at all. I used the Crossroads real time inventory search to find one a couple of hours away. Had a great experience and paid almost $5,000 less (about a 20% savings).
mbutts is offline   Reply With Quote