Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-03-2011, 01:07 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

I'm considering a Slingshot that does not have an enclosed underbelly. I have the option to order one that does have an enclosed underbelly for likely more $$$, what'sthe realized benefit?

Thanks

J
jgourley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 09:36 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

If your going to camp in cold weather you may want one. We have slep in our camper at 18 degrees with no problem without an enclosed underbelly. If you have a problem with the undernieth you can get to things easier. To me it is your choice.
cwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 11:40 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

My 2 cents worth is to spring for the $200. It will help keep it warm if needed and also helps keep it clean and easier to critter proof. As stated, the down side is it makes access more difficult but then how often to you need access?

2011 Seville VF36SB

https://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/...mi/Seville.jpg
GaPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 12:37 PM   #4
Family Vacation Member

Everyone except the one we have now has not had the cover under them.I can see where there is some benfit for very cold weather, but I think its a place for mice to live while they find a hole to get inside.Its a bad place to try and stop ants and as said if there is a problem you cant see it.If the floor squeks, you can't fix it without removing the cover.It does cover the tanks and pipes, and seems to be on most mid and upper level campers and use to you didn't see that many in this area.It is neater looking under the camper with the bottom covered.As said your choice. I don't think you can go wrong either way.

2009 Cruiser 29RK
FB1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 12:05 AM   #5
Family Vacation Member

I think they say you better gas mileage with the under side enclosed also. Less wind resistance I guess.

2009 CT31RL

2016 Chevrolet 2500HD High Country

Hensley Hitch
ajlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:50 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

Thanks for the inputs, I'm probably going to pull the trigger on a Slingshot 32QB tomorrow.
jgourley is offline   Reply With Quote