Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-07-2009, 10:13 AM   #1
New Camper

Just a new Cruiser CF27 feet owner...

My unit is a used 2004, and it hasn't Equa-flex on it, can it be retrofitted? and if so, can almost any garage mechanic replace the original?
jackpay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 10:42 AM   #2
Family Vacation Member

For answers to all your questions about the Equa-flex suspension, call Trailair at 800-998-4238. Ask for Kara. She knows it all!

Also, when you change it out, it's a great time to add the wet bolt kit. It's about $70, replaces the plastic bushings on the pins at the ends of the springs with brass ones, and allows lubrication to all pivot points on the suspension.

pulpwood007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 01:11 PM   #3
Seasonal Camper

You should be able to do the retrofit. It is in the capabilities of most so called garage mechanics. I also strongly recommend the wet bolt kit. They run about $50. The main challenge and most dangerous part is getting the trailer up on good stable stands. Be sure to heed cautions from Lippert about jacking their axles and frames. Do not raise the trailer by jacking anywhere on the axle or Ubolts. You will most likely damage the axle. When jacking on the frame use a 4x4 about 12 inches long to spread the forces along the frame. <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" />

Another item to get is a 3-in-1 Ball Joint/U-Joint/C-Frame Pressfrom Harbor Freight. http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=38335. It will save you much frustration and some time,

Here is a link to RV.net that has a good write up on a Dexter system. The install is much the same for the Equa-Flex.

http://www.rv.net/forums/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/21609645.cfm

You could probably use the Dexter system. There is much debate as to which system is best. My 2010 Cruiser CF26RK has the Equa-Flex. I am amazed at the ride it gives the trailer. I just finished the wet bolt kit on my trailer. I raised my trailer to where the tires were touching the ground with a little force. Then I left the tires on the side I was not working on. This way the tires supported the axle on the side I was not working on. I also recommend having the trailer hitched to your truck. I would not have it on the landing gear. I used the landing gear to help stabilize after it was on the jack stands. Same for the rear stabilizers. Do not use them to raise the trailer. Again get the press from Harbor Freight. You will pass on the same suggestion when you are done.
rcflyer is offline   Reply With Quote