Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-15-2017, 03:36 PM   #1
New Camper

Fading Cap on a Sunset Trail 26RB

My front cap is fading badly, and when I bought my camper I purchased a resist all protective barrier warranty for 5 years. After 1 1/2 months of back and forth sending pics with my dealer, he told me I have to get a hold of Resist All and file a claim. He told me he contacted Crossroads and they wouldn't do anything with it. I just got off the phone with Resist All and they want me to take it in and have it buffed and waxed. I had boats my whole life and I know this same thing will happen if I don't wax it every 2 months. I asked them about repainting and they said they don't do that. Just want to get some opinions on this situation. I don't thing a buff and wax will do crap. Thanks in advance

Eric
falkamania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 03:40 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

What year? And you are correct , waxing will do nothing . It needs paint . Had mine done within 1 1/2 yrs and was kept in barn when not in use....no more coloured fronts for me .

It was a rainy few days at Algonquin Prov park...tarps kept us dry.
Wayne --Belle River (Windsor), Ontario
2013 Sunset Trail Reserve 25RB..(just sold it)
2015 White Chev Silverado 2500HD 4x4 (6.0 l gasser)
2003 Mountain Star 890SBRX Truck Camper
harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 04:32 PM   #3
New Camper

I am lucky I guess. The dealership where I recently bought my used 2013 Sunset 30RE had the whole front repainted a lighter colour because the dark brown was fading and would continue to fade so long as it was dark. The previous owners even stored it inside during the winter.
Old 06-15-2017, 10:06 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by falkamania View Post
My front cap is fading badly, and when I bought my camper I purchased a resist all protective barrier warranty for 5 years. After 1 1/2 months of back and forth sending pics with my dealer, he told me I have to get a hold of Resist All and file a claim. He told me he contacted Crossroads and they wouldn't do anything with it. I just got off the phone with Resist All and they want me to take it in and have it buffed and waxed. I had boats my whole life and I know this same thing will happen if I don't wax it every 2 months. I asked them about repainting and they said they don't do that. Just want to get some opinions on this situation. I don't thing a buff and wax will do crap. Thanks in advance

Eric
Have it buffed and waxed? Correct me if I'm wrong, but those protective barriers state not to wax for five years, and offer a guarantee of no fading. They should paint your front cap...
Former: Crossroads ST26RB
Steve7 is offline   Reply With Quote