Old 08-03-2013, 01:22 AM   #11
Full Time Camper

Rick - we spent 3 nights at Mill Bridge Village in 2011. Nice campground. I absolutely love the area and the folks up there are really nice. I always hear people talk about southern hospitality, but in my opinion the folks in southeast PA are every bit as nice or nicer than the folks down here in the south.

My favorite campground is Tremont Outdoor Resort in Townsend, TN. It is right on the bank of the Little River on the "peaceful side of the Smokies". It joins the national park and is the nearest improved campground to Cades Cove. The town of Townsend is resistant to development. It is made up of locally owned businesses and has several other campgrounds to choose from. There are bike trails that run the length of Hwy 321 all the way through the town. You can rent a bike or bring your own. There are also several places to rent tubes that provide shuttles where you can tube the Little River during the warmer months. Townsend is about a 20 minute drive down 321 through Wear's Valley from Pigeon Forge, so you can easily get to the action if you want to spend some time shopping or eating in Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg, but you don't have to put up with the noise and traffic at the campground. I love it. We like hiking in the mountains and spending time photographing the wildlife in Cades Cove, but we don't like dry camping, so Tremont is the best choice for us.
Edited by: mike06081969
Valley 16K slider
Ride-Rite air bags
mike06081969 is offline   Reply With Quote