Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-19-2010, 09:59 AM   #21
Full Time Camper

This may be a dumb question, but can you unhook the trailer on the scale and then lower the front end so the trailer is level and then get the axle weights. Then you could raise the front 3" and re-weigh just to see if it really changes the axle weights.
2010 CF30SK Patriot
2007 CF30SK
dalemac377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 10:10 AM   #22
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgeman
Larry,

Â*Â* My hitch is a Reese signature head slider on round slider tubes so it is higher than most. It is already as low as it will go and already puts my overhang uncomfortably close to my truck siderails. I don't know what the weight is on axles when the trailer is level because I can't get it level with my truck.

Â*

Â*Â* Besides even if I could lower the hitch, I would not hook up my rig and drive 60 miles RTÂ*off the mountain to the scale to prove you wrong. Or even to determine if my rear springs are 6K springs. As long as I know my rear axle is not overloaded, and it isÂ*not, and my rig tows nicely, it's not worth it to me to do any more.Â* It is what it is!Â*

Sorry you can't lower the hitch any more and I understand it isn't worth any more effort. But I did suggest not lowering the hitch until you were actually at the weight station, not towing with it lowered. FWIW, certainly you have at least 2-1/2 inches clearance between the bed rails and the gooseneck, so while you can't lower the hitch, you could unhitch and lower the king pin onto a wood block just behind the hitch to get the same affect. Just something to keep in mind.

Texas Baptist Men-Retiree Builders member since '01
13 Silverado 3500HD D/A, 2wd CCSB srw, custom RKI bed
11 Cruiser CF32MK
https://www.picturetrail.com/dayle1
Dayle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 11:41 AM   #23
Family Vacation Member

Sorry guys. What part of "It's not worth it to me to do any more" don't you understand?

If you just have to knowhow muchthe axleweights change as you raise and lower the pin, why don't you take your rigs to the scale and try it. Please post the results.

2007 CF30SK Cruiser

2006 Dodge 5.9 CTD,48e,4x4,QC

https://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...CRUISER1-1.jpg
Ridgeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 11:13 PM   #24
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgeman
Sorry guys. What part of "It's not worth it to me to do any more" don't you understand?

Â*

If you just have to knowÂ*how muchÂ*the axleÂ*weights change as you raise and lower the pin, why don't you take your rigs to the scale and try it. Â*Please post the results.Â*

OK, so much for trying to add value, I'll shut up. Since my unit has Mor/ryde IS independent suspension, getting it weighed under different conditions would not relate to other rigs with a typical leaf spring setup.

Texas Baptist Men-Retiree Builders member since '01
13 Silverado 3500HD D/A, 2wd CCSB srw, custom RKI bed
11 Cruiser CF32MK
https://www.picturetrail.com/dayle1
Dayle1 is offline   Reply With Quote