Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-02-2011, 10:13 AM   #1
Full Time Camper

Well at least the AC side. At first, changing the fan speed didn't seem to work until I realized that there is a delay of a few seconds before the fan actually changes speed. Then the fan must be in auto mode for it to cycle on and off with the compressor. But it seemed like the only fan speed available in auto mode was low. Yesterday it was hot enough (low 90s) to discover that in auto mode, the AC will switch at least to the medium fan speed to maintain the temp and then cycle back to low. So, now I'm happy with the new Dometic tstat.

This is Texas, so a few hours later here comes a windy cold front and by sundown temps were in the 40s so I had to fire up the furnace for the first time.

Really love the dual pane windows, not just that they are dual pane, but because they are all sliders, the seals are also much better than the crank out style.

Texas Baptist Men-Retiree Builders member since '01
13 Silverado 3500HD D/A, 2wd CCSB srw, custom RKI bed
11 Cruiser CF32MK
https://www.picturetrail.com/dayle1
Dayle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 10:17 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

See my post about furnace setting - I'm still learning LOL
ewbldavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 10:23 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

Larry, when i read the manual for the t-stat it said in auto, it runs low speed from 0-4 degrees offset, medium speed 4-8 degrees offset and high speed above 8 degree offset. As it gets closer to set point it is supposed to automatically reduce speed. Have used ours for two summers now and also think it works fine.
2010 CF30SK Patriot
2007 CF30SK
dalemac377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 01:05 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

We found out that if you have the thermostat set for the Auto mode that when the weather changes like it did here on Sunday night when the cold front blew through that the unit will automatically change from cooling to heat. We had the a/c on during the day on Sunday (93* outside) and about 11 pm after the front came through and things cooled down considerably the furnace came on. That was a surprise so I read the manual yesterday morning and if I understand what it said it will change from cool to heat or vice versa when in the Auto mode and there is a significant temperature change.

Need to change my sig. We now have a 2011 CF335SS Patriot.
'04 Dodge 2500 Quadcab CTD
gball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 01:16 PM   #5
Family Vacation Member

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who dosen't understand all that the t-stat will do--it may take quite a few trips to really figure it out. That and some good dialouge on this forum and it wouldn't hurt if I read the instruction manual.

Flyone