Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

View Poll Results: What style of floor plan do you like?
Front living 1 3.85%
Rear living 14 53.85%
Front kitchen 0 0%
Center kitchen 10 38.46%
Rear kitchen 4 15.38%
Side isle bath 4 15.38%
Pass through bath 0 0%
Bunk house 7 26.92%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-08-2016, 02:28 PM   #1
Seasonal Camper

Floor plan layout

I'm sure many of you have had different trailers with different styles of floor plan layouts. I was just curious on which types was the most preferred?

Phil & Janine
2010 Dodge Ram Crew Cab Short Bed 2500HD Cummins
2014 Cruiser 333RL
campingcpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 04:00 PM   #2
Gone Traveling

As long as you can access the refrigerator & bathroom without opening slides, also once set up you face the tv, not at a 90 degree angle. Also we prefer the toilet to be seperate from the rest of the bath.
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 06:04 PM   #3
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
As long as you can access the refrigerator & bathroom without opening slides, also once set up you face the tv, not at a 90 degree angle. Also we prefer the toilet to be seperate from the rest of the bath.
That t.v. viewing angle is the one that's gets to me. I didn't think I would mind it...wrong!
Former: Crossroads ST26RB
Steve7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 06:58 PM   #4
Gone Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve7 View Post
That t.v. viewing angle is the one that's gets to me. I didn't think I would mind it...wrong!
We looked at several rear entertainment models & like most people thought the raising/ lowering tv was really cool but decided we would have to move furniture at every stop in order to watch it comfortably.
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 07:18 PM   #5
Weekend Camper

We like our rear bathroom. With a tv that doesn't swing out, watching it is a challenge. It does have a turntable, but that just makes the situation worse.
2013 Toyota Tundra Double Cab V8 5.7 Ltr Limited
cubfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 08:31 PM   #6
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubfan View Post
We like our rear bathroom. With a tv that doesn't swing out, watching it is a challenge. It does have a turntable, but that just makes the situation worse.
If we change, I'll definitely be getting one where the tv faces the seating and I have a recliner!
Former: Crossroads ST26RB
Steve7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 04:21 AM   #7
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Such a personal choice! We had the toilet in a room by itself and the shower and sink in the bedroom in our last trailer (a Jayco) and I hated it! I wanted all three together in one room, which is what we have now nd I love it!

We love our floorplan because it suits our individual needs. There is a closet in the hall outside the bedroom, which is actually part of the bedroom slide. This is the perfect place for the cat's litter box.

We also like the fact that there is an island instead of a peninsula in the kitchen. Much better for traffic flow. We refer to the peninsula as "the trap".

We have been warned to stay away from rear kitchen models because the rear of the trailer gets the most bounce, which means your kitchen cabinet contents would be more messed up than normal after a trip.

2012 Cruiser Sahara 330SS
2015 F250 Super Duty diesel
Loneoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 04:53 AM   #8
Full Time Camper

Big Screen on the back wall. It's a must for viewing from the kitchen area.
Ruby & Jade. English Springer Spaniels
Ramn4ver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 12:30 PM   #9
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
As long as you can access the refrigerator & bathroom without opening slides, also once set up you face the tv, not at a 90 degree angle.
These were some of the things we wanted in a floor plan too! Our last trailer we had to put the slide out just a little to squeeze past the counter top to open the fridge. The nice thing was we had a rear living and the entertainment center was against the bedroom wall so we could sit facing the TV. The bath room was easily accessible with the slide out in. We never have liked the pass through bath. All of the trailers we have owned have had a side isle bath of some sort or another.

Phil & Janine
2010 Dodge Ram Crew Cab Short Bed 2500HD Cummins
2014 Cruiser 333RL
campingcpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 04:13 PM   #10
Weekend Camper

We like rear kitchen. Main points are: many times you can get an outdoor kitchen, way more counter space, kitchen table is close to the kitchen, recliners and couch close to the TV, no slide on the awning side means larger awning.
Downside?: separate gray tank for kitchen and bathroom means you have two sewer connections, no large rear window
BMVillines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 07:12 AM   #11
Full Time Camper

Everyone has different needs and wants, some things work for some people but not for others. This is why so many floor plans are available. One floor plan does not suit all!

I agree that access to the fridge and bathroom without putting the slides out is very important. It seems to be on most people's wish list. Having said that, our daughter's trailer allows for access to neither the fridge nor the bathroom without putting a slide out. She knew this when she bought the unit, but it has two double bunks and the 5er is only 27' long. She didn't want one too big, and the two double bunks were high on her list. So she sacrificed the bathroom and fridge access.

2012 Cruiser Sahara 330SS
2015 F250 Super Duty diesel
Loneoak is offline   Reply With Quote