Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-13-2011, 10:17 PM   #1
New Camper

I have a 31RE 5th wheel and we had the fresh water tank drained for the winter. We blew out the other lines, because we were going to use the camper more this year. Well, we camped this weekend and put water into the fresh water tank and turned the pump on, and it started leaking under the camper near the fresh water tank. I will have to take the under belly off to see what is leaking. Is this a bib job, pulling the under belly down? I would imagine it is the line from the tank to the pump, beacause it didn't leak until we turned the pump on.
Mod24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 10:41 PM   #2
Site Team

It's not a "big" job, just a pain in the butt job!!! I've had mine down twice because of the water tank. It will be real helpful if there is 2 people when you put the membrane back up. You will find you just don't have enough hands.

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 10:56 PM   #3
New Camper

Should I put a "T" in the line, with a drain , so I can get at it, the next time I want to winterize? It hasn't even got that cold here yet. One night at about 30', I only drained the tank for a precaution. It would have been nice if you could drain the line too.
Old 11-13-2011, 11:08 PM   #4
Site Team

You should be able to drain the lines without a "T".
Opening the low point drains and then opening all the faucets should empty the lines.
If you are lucky you might be able to get at the line on the tank that goes to the pump when you drop the back end of the membrane. Just go slow and easy till you see what's there.

Blowing the lines is not a big job either and it certainly doesn't take very long. Might be well worth the peace of mind.

Edited by: Old Farmer
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 07:05 AM   #5
Family Vacation Member

I am very interested in what you eventually find. 30 degrees should not be enough to cause damage.
NH Horseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 08:09 AM   #6
Family Vacation Member

Check & make sure it's not leaking at just the pump. On my CF31REP, my hoses were loose & leaking. After tightening them, no more leaks.
'12 Crossroads Rushmore RF38FL (ours!)
Barry, the ADHD x 2 German Shepherd mix, Granddog.
FFFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 05:32 AM   #7
New Camper

Well, I final got it apart. I hope it is under warranty, because it has a approx 3/16" perfectlyround hole in the tank, about 3" up from the bottom. The Cruiser is a 2011 thatwe bought at the end of last year, so I hope it is covered under the warranty.
Old 11-15-2011, 05:50 AM   #8
Family Vacation Member

Didn't you use water all year? Can you tell how the hole got there?
NH Horseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 06:36 AM   #9
New Camper

Yes, we used it all year. Last weekend was when it happened. I don't have any idea on how it got a hole in it. The underbelly is still good with no holes. Must just be a defect.