Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-08-2011, 03:55 AM   #21
Full Time Camper

Getting the wires from the fridge panel to the back of the fridge compartment is pretty easy. But with one access panel you will have to somehow reach up and snag the wires down to the module...coat hangar, stick, yardstick with a hook may help.

Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 03:57 AM   #22
Seasonal Camper

The hardest thing to do on mine when I added the controller was getting the wire down from up above, but I didnt have anyone to help with pushing the wire through from the other side. So it took me a while to do mine. Mine also was not on a slide. It was just time consuming to keep trying to fish the wire down to the box on the outside because of no helper. Just be persistant and dont give up and you will win the "War of the Wire"!LOL

2003 Lincoln Navigator Ultimate Edition 4X4

2004 Crossroads Cruiser CT30RL
fixit5561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 04:23 AM   #23
Family Vacation Member

Regarding the part that needs to be filled off, can you snip it? Will that hurt the part?

JP

Edited by: rollingrock
rollingrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 04:35 AM   #24
Seasonal Camper

The part that is filed of you maybe able to snip it, then file it down some more. The little part is a small kind of key that will fit into a keyway so the pot. wont turn when you dial it in. Just try to make it work for you and you should be able to see once it is in what Im talking about.

Old 08-08-2011, 07:32 AM   #25
Family Vacation Member

I did a search for the mod and come up with nothing, was it something on the old forum and didnt get transferred to the New form. Any help on where it is.
thanks

shoe2728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 07:40 AM   #26
Seasonal Camper

Here is the link to the fridge mod: http://www.crossroadsrv.com/forum/fo...s.asp?TID=2357

Old 08-08-2011, 12:03 PM   #27
Family Vacation Member

Ok, I got it all installed in now testing for a night.

I followed the directions from the thread link...it was a GREAT how to and I followed it very easily. Thank you Fixit, Stan and others for the help. I hope this does the trick.

It went pretty quick too. I used the middle and right connections (with them pointed up) and turned it all the way to the left and locked er up. (also turned on my 12v fan on the outside to give it a little help for the night. Note: When I did get there, it was 42 degrees. Not good enough if you ask me.

I will check on it after work on Tuesday, then if all is well, disconnect it and hack off the excess and install the knob and call it done.

Gotta tell you, I had the fridge door open for about 10 min, talk about loosing the load in there, the temp went up to 65 in a hurry, I know that's not an accurate way for the temp but anywho.

Edited by: rollingrock
Old 08-08-2011, 12:51 PM   #28
Full Time Camper

Rollingrock...if your fridge is like mine, turning the knob all the way left ended up with a 28dg food section. Hope you don't have food in there or it will be frozen by tomorrow night!
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 01:27 PM   #29
Seasonal Camper

Yes mine got down to 17 degrees on mine. But that was in the fall last year when it was not that hot out.

Old 08-08-2011, 01:28 PM   #30
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan
Rollingrock...if your fridge is like mine, turning the knob all the way left ended up with a 28dg food section. Hope you don't have food in there or it will be frozen by tomorrow night!
I hope you are right about those temps! There is no food in there...completly empty.

I cannot check it until late on Tuesday, so if it is freezing I will have time to tone it down a bit before momma loads it on Wed mid day.

On another note, will using a hack saw mess up the part? I have a small hand held hack saw, was going to pull the panel again this weekend and cut some off but was worried I would damage the part...I may pick up an extra part to keep just in case.

RR

AKA Jason

Old 08-08-2011, 01:31 PM   #31
Seasonal Camper

I used a hack saw to cut off the length of where the knob attaches to it and it didnt hurt it a bit. I just put the waste end in a vice and cut away. Just make sure you catch the pot. before it hits the ground.

Old 08-08-2011, 01:40 PM   #32
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixit5561
I used a hack saw to cut off the length of where the knob attaches to it and it didnt hurt it a bit. I just put the waste end in a vice and cut away. Just make sure you catch the pot. before it hits the ground.
Thanks, looks a picnic table and a set of clamps will be my vise this week. We are headed out for a stay on Wed after work.

Forecast. 105 pretty much every day until November.

Old 08-08-2011, 01:44 PM   #33
Seasonal Camper

We just came back from the rally and it wasnt that hot but was in the high 80's low 90's and my knob was turned down just past half way for most of the trip. We got home and it was in the 70's and I had to turn it up because it was about 32 degrees. So I turned it to half way and it went up to 34 degrees.

You will need to play with it to see what a good temp is for you because of the temps outside.

Report back with what you found works for you in that kind of heat. It would be good to know if it works well in that type of environment.

Old 08-08-2011, 01:49 PM   #34
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
We just came back from the rally and it wasnt that hot but was in the high 80's low 90's and my knob was turned down just past half way for most of the trip. We got home and it was in the 70's and I had to turn it up because it was about 32 degrees. So I turned it to half way and it went up to 34 degrees.

You will need to play with it to see what a good temp is for you because of the temps outside.

Report back with what you found works for you in that kind of heat. It would be good to know if it works well in that type of environment.
Sure will, it was 105 today, I didn't take an ambient temp of our unit, but will on Tuesday before I open the door to test

I suspect I too will be taking it up some...at least that is my hope pending I did the install right. I didn't follow any wire protocol, I just spliced in and hooked up.
Old 08-08-2011, 01:58 PM   #35
Family Vacation Member

BTW, do I need to do anything with the little stat on the fins? Just leave it there?

If so I don't suppose it matters where I slide it now.

Old 08-08-2011, 02:04 PM   #36
Seasonal Camper

I just left mine all the way at the top.

Dont try and move it because right now you have a waypoint to go from (you know that in 105 heat your fridge right now is at 41 degrees). If you start to move too many things around it can get confusing to you,(now what did I do last, turn the knob down or push the thermistor up???) see what I mean? LOL just use the knob for now and see what you canaccomplish with just turning the knob.

Old 08-08-2011, 02:34 PM   #37
Family Vacation Member

Old 08-08-2011, 02:35 PM   #38
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
I just left mine all the way at the top.

Dont try and move it because right now you have a waypoint to go from (you know that in 105 heat your fridge right now is at 41 degrees). If you start to move too many things around it can get confusing to you,(now what did I do last, turn the knob down or push the thermistor up???) see what I mean? LOL just use the knob for now and see what you canaccomplish with just turning the knob.
roger that, thanks a Ton....if you were local, I'd buy you and Stan a nice and cold Rollingrock!

Hopefully I can use my fridge rather than a cooler to celebrate!

Old 08-09-2011, 04:37 AM   #39
Full Time Camper

Well my new CF285RL spent the last 2 weeks at the dealer to fix a refrigerator that wasn't cooling (50 deg). Picked it up yesterday and turned it on. It's been almost 20 hours and it's now at 42 deg. 100 deg outside. 80 in the trailer. The freezer is at zero so it's not the system, it's the temp control circuit.

GRRRRRRRR
2009 Ford Lariat F350 SRW CC Diesel
2013 Cruiser CF305SK Patriot Edition
avvidclif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 04:53 AM   #40
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by avvidclif
Well my new CF285RL spent the last 2 weeks at the dealer to fix a refrigerator that wasn't cooling (50 deg). Picked it up yesterday and turned it on. It's been almost 20 hours and it's now at 42 deg. 100 deg outside. 80 in the trailer. The freezer is at zero so it's not the system, it's the temp control circuit.

GRRRRRRRR
If I check mine today and its below 35, I think I know what you will be doing soon!