Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-10-2012, 05:46 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

I am on my maiden voyage with a new Cruiser with a model DM2852 refrigthat seemingly tries to cycle through a process I am not use to. My last unit was a 2002.. This newer one wants to HUMMM about every hour or soand I've never known a refrig/freezerto do that..Has anyone else noticed this or do I need to get her into a repair shop when I get home.?? It sounds electrical to me..Any ideas out there.?

Williamsburg, VA
Old 02-10-2012, 06:46 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

If you can hear the noise when outside the unit it is probably the fan that is installed at the back of the refrigerator to cool the coils when they get over a certain temperature. The one on our 335SS is really noisy. Randy at CrossRoads had Dometic send me a new fan and it is worse than the one originally installed when the unit was built. I think that Dometic got a bad batch of fans. It is my opinion that there should not be any noise when the fan is operating. I suggest that you have the dealer take a look at it.
'04 Dodge 2500 Quadcab CTD
gball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 10:34 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

Concur on the fan George.. Dometic tells me to get it in to an authorized shop for a check-up, and you know how that goes.. Can't dup the problem.! All we are talking about is a $10.00 fan with a bad temp sensor or too much vibration.!Radio Shack has totally quiet computer fans, not a $60.00 model from Dometic, but then I'm still in warranty so its off to the shop when I get home..Thanks for the feedback.
Bill
Old 02-17-2012, 11:01 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

If it turns out to be the fan, Mine never came on even in over 100 temps. I removed the thermo-sensor and wired in an on/off switch. Now I turn it on whenever the temps get to about 80+.

Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 11:09 AM   #5
Seasonal Camper

Appears to be a problem with quite a few new units. Ours has been in the shop since October, had the fan replaced twice and still making a humming, buzzing noise. Dometic hasn't a clue to what's wrong, tried new mounting insulation, screws, ets. Talked with CR today and trying to get them to replace the frig with a Norcold. At least 10 other owners I know of are having the same problem. I suggest you contact your dealer and CR.
Sirsea is offline   Reply With Quote