Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-17-2018, 10:23 PM   #21
Seasonal Camper

The AC in our camper is the 13.500 but when the AC is running we also run a small 14 inch fan sitting on our kitchen counter aimed towards the bed area, does an excellent job of circulating cold air through-out the trailer that way. I will say we don't spend much time in the trailer ever, but seems on those boiling hot days its been noted we don't mind finding a little relief from the heat and been known to have an afternoon nap. A little r+r so to speak. So with the need of the amount of needed power this little gen will do the job quite well especially using gas hence the added reason to not add the extra expense of dual fuel, and electric start is not that big a deal to me as I have no problem to pull a recoil. plus don't need the extra weight of a starter and battery, plus buying another battery every few years again. I will add around here everything is already gas and never bring it home without stabilizer already added, so sometimes I do drain some gas, but just throw it into a quad. Have never experienced punky gas ever but not going to say it won't ever happen...Yep the 100269 works better for me the more I think and discuss it lol... The better half has a birthday coming up on Friday, maybe should get that too go along with the surge protector I already got her. My goodness that's going to take a lot of ribbon, lol...
Old 03-03-2019, 07:13 PM   #22
New Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiehorwood33 View Post
Thanks for the reply bud. Your needs sound similar to mine (30ft 2016 ST270BH). Last question I have for you is what size AC do you have? Mine is 15,000 BTU and I’m a little concerned that the 3400W May struggled to get er going. Thanks again!

Jamie
look up micro-air soft start 364 some really good reviews on that it reduces compressor start amps up to 60 percent. some good vids on you tube with before and after amp draw tests and one with a 2000-2400 watt generator starting ac with no problem after install of the soft start. its on my list of to dos just to ease load on a/c all around
35chevypu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 04:33 PM   #23
New Camper

I have a champion 3500 watts. Runs on gas or propane. Pull or battier start. Keeps my trailer cool fine. But it's on 30 maps. You can only run 1 ac unit.
Lane Blanchard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 06:30 PM   #24
Seasonal Camper

We ended up purchasing the Firman W03081 this winter. Steal of a deal on sale from Costco.Canada for $666.00 taxes included delivered to the door. Changed oil 4 times during break-in and also added a new Champion sparkplug as reviews confirmed it came with a cheapie. Runs like a top and starts with half pull, everytime. 30A trailer =3300 W. Fits under truckbox cover. Perfect for our needs.. I will add I was a little leary about the electric start and another battery to maintain...
Old 03-12-2019, 12:12 PM   #25
Weekend Camper

Late to the party here but I have had great luck with a Predator 3500 from Harbor Freight. It's light and very quiet, 57db at 23' 25% power, runs my 15k a/c (only 1 of 2 a/c's) plus appliances and its around $600-700. It also has electric and pull start and is equipped for RV use. You can also hook it up in series with another like the Honda's.
Nigel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 05:52 PM   #26
Seasonal Camper

I use an Inverter from WEN. great little unit I picked up on amazon. actually quieter than a buddys honda when run side by side, and pretty much all the same gizmos on it.
I had an issue while in warranty, and had to ship it back to manufacturer, but it was returned to me repaired in a week. They also covered my shipping cost. Since then, it runs like a champ.
X2 on the Champion generators as well. I have a bigger one for at the house, never had an issue with it. always starts on first pull.