Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-18-2012, 06:37 AM   #21
Seasonal Camper

Bought two Honda 2000 with parallel cable and 30 amp adapter last summer from this company for $1975 (no tax) including freight. Only used them twice, but sure nice to have 'em.
http://www.harborpowerhouse.com/honda-generators

Sirsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 07:28 AM   #22
Seasonal Camper

Gothcha!

mnsunset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 02:48 AM   #23
Family Vacation Member

http://www.alamia.com

I've got to put a plug in for this company. Great price and great delivery. I wanted to place an EU2000 order last summer and was going to buy from Wise Sales. Called to place order and they went up $100 overnight as per their sales office. Coincidentally it was during the hurricane on the East coast. I might have different feelings about the company if they had just told the truth, but telling me Honda increased prices that day.............. Alamia did not go up on the price, and I prefer a organization that will tell the truth.

Edited by: pulpwood007
pulpwood007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 06:42 AM   #24
Family Vacation Member

I bought a kipor 3000 about 4 years ago when florida was also offering tax free for hurricane supplies and anything under $1000 was not taxed, there was a company that marked theirs down to $999.00 so there was no tax. I havent had a problem yet (now I probably will) put a carrier on the back of my FW and works great. I did modify the carrier and used two bolt on receivers, just didnt like the idea of 1 tube. Pretty darn sturdy now. Only thing I wish is that you could get a remote start for it. Like the Honda

shoe2728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 07:56 AM   #25
Seasonal Camper

Since we are on the subject and I am researching to purchase a generator. How many use their generators for camping and home when the electricity is out? I really like the idea of 2quiet, light weight Honda 2000's connected together. This will be perfect for camping since we only have one 13.5 A/C unit. But will they power a well pump or a couple of home refrigerators and a freezer along with some lights? I've also looked at a portable Generac GP50 that is 5000 watts I think. It will run a well pump, so I'm told, but it could be a little noisy for a campground. We have only needed a generator once in 6 yearsof campingonly becausethe park lost power so this is a tough decision to make. The campgrounds we go to all have hook-ups and I haven't heard or read of any noise restrictions if a generator is needed.
https://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...04/TheRig3.jpg
scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:05 AM   #26
Family Vacation Member

I do use my kipor 3000 at home, will not run my well pump because its 220, Will run fridge and freezers in house, not AC or stove. Few years ago lost power for 3 days due to hurricane, Kipor worked just fine. I didnt run it constantly, just wanted to keep food in fridge and freezer cold. It will run my 15k or 13.5 AC in Fifthwheel, not both at same time. We dont really dry camp, but when traveling will stay in rest areas or truck stops. So nice to have it.

shoe2728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:18 AM   #27
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott

Since we are on the subject and I am researching to purchase a generator. How many use their generators for camping and home when the electricity is out? I really like the idea of 2quiet, light weight Honda 2000's connected together. This will be perfect for camping since we only have one 13.5 A/C unit. But will they power a well pump or a couple of home refrigerators and a freezer along with some lights? I've also looked at a portable Generac GP50 that is 5000 watts I think. It will run a well pump, so I'm told, but it could be a little noisy for a campground. We have only needed a generator once in 6 yearsof campingonly becausethe park lost power so this is a tough decision to make. The campgrounds we go to all have hook-ups and I haven't heard or read of any noise restrictions if a generator is needed.
Scott, how often have had the need for a generator at home? Does the power go out for you guys a lot?
We use to have a real problem with the power going out. (it has gotten way better) I installed a 13 KW standby generic. Runs on LP and will run anything and everything we have. I went the route of the 5000 watt portable. Hated it!! To much noise. Would make your teeth vibrate. Plus it seem when ever the power went out it was raining, so that meant out in the rain to get the genny set up. Don't have worry about that anymore. Starts automatically.
If you don't dry camp, I guess you don't need much to take care of your needs there.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 02:33 PM   #28
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott

I used mine last week during a brief 12 hr. power outage. Perfect for a few lights and the TV/Direct TV receiver. I also have a 10kw to use for extended use if I'm going to power the fridge and freezer.

Google external fuel tanks for the EU2000 and get some great ideas on 5 gal tanks so your EU2000 will run all night long without need for a gas refill.

Only way to determine how many appliances the 2000 watt generator will run is to determine the watts/amps of each appliance and add it up. There are charts on the internet but they are generic.
pulpwood007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 07:50 AM   #29
New Camper

As mentioned earlier the Yamaha 2400 is a great option. It is light enough that I can lug it around. It will run my 13.5k Air Conditioner (tried it 2 weeks ago at 9000' just to see if it would and didn't hesitate). Nice and quiet. I paid $1100. I've owned it for 2 years now and am still super happy with it.

2003 Ram 2500 CTD
WYUngy is offline   Reply With Quote