Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-12-2015, 02:28 PM   #1
Seasonal Camper

Getting Bedroom TV to Work on Cable

I've done some searching but can't find exactly what I am looking for.

I have a 2010 Cruiser CF30SKP. BothTV's work well on the over the air antenna and the TV in the main cabin works well with campground cable hook up (with the antenna amplifier off) but the TV in the bedroom will not work with either the cable or a movie played in the DVD player.

Is this the way it is supposed to work or is something wired wrong?

I though that I've seen this discussed somewhere before but I can't find it.

Viet Nam Vet 70-71 Da Nang

Real airplanes have two wings and big, round, engines
BipeFlier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 03:32 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

I don't think the DVD will play in the bedroom (May be wrong - you have newer unit). The TV antenna is routed to the booster and then to the back bedroom so it is strange you get over-the-air but not cable. I would look at the cable connections at the back of the booster.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 04:43 PM   #3
Site Team

My DVD won't play on the bedroom TV, but the cable channels do when the amplifier is off.

2013 Silverado 2500HD LTZ CC 6.6L Duramax Diesel
2023 Rockwood 2445WS
Buster, miniature Dachshund
2024: 2 trips, 26 nights in 8 states, 4801 miles
2023: 9 trips, 48 nights in 12 states, 2 provinces, 8120 miles
2019: 7 trips, 43 nights in 6 states, 3904 miles
DavisK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 07:12 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

Check that the bedroom TV is set for cable and not antenna. Done that.
2009 F-150XLT
Russb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 09:30 AM   #5
Seasonal Camper

Thanks for the input so far. I've tried the bedroom TV on both cable and ant. with no difference. I guess the DVD won't work up there without some rewiring but the "no cable" thing still has me stumped.

Old 10-13-2015, 10:03 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

You can access the back of the booster through the outside fridge vents. In the antenna manual's schematics it will show the wiring diagram. check your connections. I believe the cable and the antenna leads go directly to the booster and then the booster outputs to the TV. After the booster there is a WYE to split the signal to the front bedroom. If you are getting the Over the Air signal, you should also get cable (uses same coax). You can also try swapping out TV's.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 06:21 PM   #7
Seasonal Camper

After a lot of testing and talking to a trusted RV Tech I believe the Winegard power plate booster is bad. All the cables and TV check out, the only component that is left is the booster. On order from Amazon and will swap them out in a couple of days.

Old 10-14-2015, 05:29 AM   #8
Weekend Camper

Hi
I think the dvd should work if you use the tv remote and select input,when the menu appears select your input,e.g.. HDMI, S-video, if your tv has more than 1 HDMI ports they will be numbered,also there could be other ways to input from your dvd. Another one is the RCA cables [the red,green, and yellow],all have to be connected to the dvd and the tv. This system should work without cable or sat hook-up.
As far as the sat problem, I will try and respond later as I am away from my 5th for a few weeks. When I return I will do some research and see if I can help.5th wheels are new to me,but have some experience setting up sats[not an expert by any means] but have worked on a few systems.
Hope this helps the dvd problem
Later..........Cheers........Finlay
Finlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 10:19 AM   #9
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BipeFlier View Post
Thanks for the input so far. I've tried the bedroom TV on both cable and ant. with no difference. I guess the DVD won't work up there without some rewiring but the "no cable" thing still has me stumped.
We have a similar problem. When using the over the air antenna we get a good picture in the bedroom and living room. But as soon as we hook up to a cable connection we get a fuzzy picture in the bedroom and a crystal clear picture in the living room. I haven't been able to figure that out yet myself but really haven't been all that concerned about it either. About 99% of the places we stay usually don't have cable.

Phil & Janine
2010 Dodge Ram Crew Cab Short Bed 2500HD Cummins
2014 Cruiser 333RL
campingcpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 01:58 PM   #10
Weekend Camper

Hi Bipeflier
I believe the DVD should play on your tv with out any antenna hook up.You will have to hook your DVD to your tv with an HDMI cable, RC connectors, or an s-video cable, which ever your tv and dvd will accept. Then use your tv remote and select INPUT, or some remotes use the term SOURCE, when the menu appears it will give a selection of inputs e.g. [hdmi,rca. s-video] highlite the one you use and it should come on. Some TVs have more than one hdmi port so they are numbered. Be sure to select the number you used. I think this should work to get the dvd working.
When I get back home I will search the other problem and get back to you.

Good Luck.......Later.......Cheers
Finlay is offline   Reply With Quote