Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-01-2013, 02:18 AM   #1
New Camper

We recently went the process of buying a class C motorhome in British Columbia Canada. As with any new RV owner we had a million questions. We researched on the internet and visited every RV rental/sales company in BC that we could get to and that was a lot. We had a set meeting where the salesperson slept in or didn’t show, others where the pressure to buy was ridiculous and others who were just plain rude. We followed Craigslist and kijiji for over 8 months through the various high and low sales season to understand fair market price. At first we had absolutely no intention of buying an ex-rental and were looking for the magical RV with the least amount of km/miles on it. I highly recommend an ex rental if it comes from the right place.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" />

Then we came across Go-West RV Centre in Coquitlam. We quickly realized that their sales team was far above any others we had dealt with. There was no pressure, no asking for our contact information. The sales manager Sherrie quickly identified what we were looking for and gave us access to look at what they had. She was quick to indicate what would be coming up in the near future. Sherrie and her sales team are extremely knowledgeable on all aspects of RV’s and this showed as we walked through the units. What puts Go-West far above the rest is their attention to detail. This really showed from the first ex rental unit we looked at.

We identified a 30 foot class C Winnebago Outlook we were interested in and I have to honestly say the unit looked brand new and had 50K miles. Sherrie pointed out some minor issues that were identified in their most recent post rental inspection and indicated that the unit would not be released until they were fixed. Go-West provided us with the unit’s mechanical/inspection history from birth and when questioned about a specific issue they were able to get further information. Even when we did our own inspection and identified a few items, they were quickly taken care of. I later found out that Go-West units are only rented for weeks at a time so no weekend party groups. The majority of renters are coming from Europe. From all the research we did and talking to mechanics I recommend potential buyers seriously think about an ex-rental. Look around next time you are in a RV park, you won’t be able to tell a Go-West ex rental but you will see other ex-rentals because they do not even take the time to remove their decals properly.

The Go-West team, and in particular Sherrie, took the time to ensure we were happy and they provided us the fairest deal they could possibly provide. The marketing team had mistakenly added a feature on the sales information that wasn’t on the unit, but instead of it becoming an issue they quickly added the feature before we received the RV. They provided an adequate orientation after receiving the unit, although I would have liked to have had a little more detail especially for someone who has not operated such a unit.

What makes me feel truly comfortable with the purchase process and having Go-West as our main shop is that they have no problem with me contacting them with any concerns I may have, or if we require assistance with the unit while on vacation - they have said to call them whenever we need to. We decided to purchase a warranty package and Sherrie indicated she would assist us with any claims that need to be processed. This of course is a large bonus given the red tape that needs to be cut during a warranty claim that may happen during a vacation.

I highly recommend that if you are looking for a used motorhome that you drop buy Go-West RV Centre in Coquitlam just outside of Vancouver BC and ask for Sherrie. She will point you in the right direction without any pressure.

Ken - Poco BC Canada
mugginsg is offline   Reply With Quote