Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-20-2019, 10:00 PM   #1
Seasonal Camper

Going to try Boon-Docking

Up till now we always camped in serviced sites in government provincial and regional, or private business camping sites. BUT yesterday we were out snooping for fishing spots at 3 smaller lake just 60 miles from home. Well there's 3 lakes within 3 or 5 miles of each other, one separated by the grid road but all nice size little lakes and met up with a person camping at one of them. Talked for a hour with the chap and he pointed out a few great places to free camp 20 feet from shore at different locations around these lakes that are absolutely gorgeous, and not one person at any of these locations. Anyways we been talking for 6 months to find some out of the way spots and been getting geared for this type of excursion since mid winter, so come Monday noon after a few appointments were out trying something different. Full tank water, gen, firepit+ wood, table, some very warm 90 degree weather, with pickerel 20 feet from the trailer. Needless to say were both anxious to go fishing.
Old 07-20-2019, 10:11 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

I want to see some pictures of your catch’s. Let us know how your experience goes.

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 10:41 PM   #3
Seasonal Camper

If you knew how my luck has been going this year, a fisherman's tale might be more entertaining. But a few weeks back in lake of the prairies just East of me in Manitoba I did catch a Carp that fought like a bulldog, and weighed as much as a little pig about that 25 lb mark. Thank God I changed my line to this new braided line, amazing stuff, especially on a sensitive rod. Zero stretch, strong like carbon fiber, no memory, absolutely fell in love with that stuff, 10lb and almost invisible so thin, plus I'm just a occasional fisherman, but that stuff is awesome and I'm completely sold on it, not suggesting a sales pitch but spent a day researching all brands, reviews, and went with power pro, and that carp proved that lines worth. My last 2 cents is every reel in this house will be re spooled too braid, especially if you enjoy casting.