Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-06-2014, 04:09 PM   #1
Seasonal Camper

Great RV's!

So, I just wanted to post, for those thinking of purchasing a crossroads product. They are a great RV. Not without problems but a really good unit. We had a few minor issues, ALL of which I took care of myself. Yes I am a bit more than an average handyman but most of our problems, with the help of this blog can be handled by the average owner.

Our RV just finished a 14 day trip of over 3500 miles and performed perfect. Not one problem!

I see a lot of posts with negative comments which can be expected. Who bosts of how well their unit performs right? We hear the bad, but not much of the good.

So here is the good. I love our CR Sunset reserve! A great unit at an OK price.
Old 07-06-2014, 04:26 PM   #2
Site Team

Nice positive post.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 04:29 PM   #3
Full Time Camper

This is always good to hear.

Tim
13 ST25RB
08 F-250 SC 6.8L XLT 4x4
Tim D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 05:30 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

Love to see positive posts. We had our Zinger for 3 1/2 yrs. Only a few minor problems all fixed under warranty with no problem from crossroads. No major issues. It was a good trailer that I would recommend to someone to buy.

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 05:39 PM   #5
Family Vacation Member

We are at about 18 months with our Sunset Trail Reserve 25rb, and have used it at least 8 months and although we had many small problems, Crossroads took care of them all, even replaced our mattress after we complained it had two holes in it one where I slept and one where Ken slept, we paid the difference and upgraded. I love the storage in the trailer and all the amenities. The fireplace is perfect on those cold days and takes the dampness out. We have looked at some RV shows since our purchase and have not seen one that met our needs like our Sunset.
and sway bars.
kcandsting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 05:45 PM   #6
Full Time Camper

[QUOTE=mnsunset;81688]So, I just wanted to post, for those thinking of purchasing a crossroads product. They are a great RV. Not without problems but a really good unit. We had a few minor issues, ALL of which I took care of myself. Yes I am a bit more than an average handyman but most of our problems, with the help of this blog can be handled by the average owner.

Our RV just finished a 14 day trip of over 3500 miles and performed perfect. Not one problem!

I see a lot of posts with negative comments which can be expected. Who bosts of how well their unit performs right? We hear the bad, but not much of the good.

So here is the good. I love our CR Sunset reserve! A great unit at an OK price.[/QUOTE

X2 Just traveled for 96 days 12000 trouble free miles in our Cruiser. Encountered some rough roads and the trailer handeled them very well.
It is important to do your maintenance, check lugs, shackle bolts and maintain wheel bearings and seals. Tire inflation and proper loading are all key to trouble free and safe travel.
It is true it pays to be handy. I do agree RV's can come with problems but a common sense approach can overcome many of them.
I am also a happy Crossroads owner and encourage that we do post positive input and reviews.
Happy Trails Go Well
Reese 16K Slider Wet Bolts
socoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 08:22 PM   #7
Full Time Camper

I can't speak to the newer ones, but the 07 model Cruiser I have is a Jim Dandy.
Valley 16K slider
Ride-Rite air bags
mike06081969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 08:32 PM   #8
Full Time Camper

Mine should be perfect this year....Last summer...new pump , axles ,springs and 4 tires , fixed the kinked water and black flush hoses, And tightened all screws on the eavestroughs, as water was leaking behind both sides...recaulked the joint between roof mat'l and trough...
I am a retired quality tech/engineer .....hard to deal with companies that don't post quality allerts when someone actually talks to a rep and complains, and the same problem still keep happening....aaarrrrr,

It was a rainy few days at Algonquin Prov park...tarps kept us dry.
Wayne --Belle River (Windsor), Ontario
2013 Sunset Trail Reserve 25RB..(just sold it)
2015 White Chev Silverado 2500HD 4x4 (6.0 l gasser)
2003 Mountain Star 890SBRX Truck Camper
harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 10:22 PM   #9
Family Vacation Member

Mike06081969, I have to agree. Our 08 has been a real trooper, so I can't offer much about the new ones. We were lucky and had a previous owner who appeared to also have a mechanic's insight and treated the unit well. Nothing has cropped up yet that I couldn't handle with some sense and great advice from this forum!!
SCT Flash 4X tune
Billstein upgrade shocks and dampener
2008 Crossroads Cruiser 32BL
RADMiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 06:40 AM   #10
Site Team

Our 08 has been really good to us. I told my wife, I think we will keep this one until we are done camping. What few problems we've had are very minor to what some of the newer ones are experiencing.
Even tho CR seems to have gotten back on track addressing the warranty, it doesn't appear the QC has been taken care of yet.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 09:56 AM   #11
Full Time Camper

With our new 2014 everything has been good. A few small things that I could have fixed but I figured under warranty let them do it. Crossroads didn't give any problems.

Bert, Cathy, Kylie & Kaitlin
2014 SunsetTrail Reserve 32BH
2009 Silverado 3500HD LTZ 4X4 6.6L Duramax
YouTube LetsRV Instagram LetsRV_
Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 11:37 AM   #12
Weekend Camper

we are loving our unit also. Nice to hear the great post. Thank YOU!
Old 07-08-2014, 12:46 PM   #13
Family Vacation Member

Send a message via AIM to st.rodder2 Send a message via MSN to st.rodder2 Send a message via Yahoo to st.rodder2
We picked up our 2015 Sunset Trail SF32RL the beginning of June and camped in it for 13 nights so far and have had no major problems. Of course it had it's minor bugs and adjustments that I needed to be made to work the kinks out. Overall we are very pleased with it. It does have to go back to the dealer to get some things replaced that I found when going through the final walk through but, waiting until we are home long enough to give up the camper for a few weeks. Too many trips scheduled between now and October.

2015 Sunset Trail SF32RL
2012 Ford F250SD CC 4X4 - 6.7 Powerstroke

st.rodder2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 01:56 AM   #14
Full Time Camper

Great posts and I agree 100%. Great units and the most value for the money. Customer Service has pulled me through every minor problem. I think socoguy has it right. You got to be a bit handy to deal with some of these issues on your own working directly with Crossroads.

2017 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7 King Ranch Crew
Sold the 2016 Crossroads Sunset Trail Grand Reserve 32BH
2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G
OhioMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 12:29 PM   #15
Family Vacation Member

Our 2014 Rushmore Lincoln has been good to us as well. We have been blessed to have a wonderful service provider to help us get through the minor warranty glitches. It is a great floorplan for us and our two Dobie Girls. And the outdoor entertainment center, that we thought we would never use, has been a nice addition also. We are very comfortable in our Lincoln and it sure is easy on the eyes! We have added our own interior design touches, and really enjoy our second home.
2016 High Country SILVERADO 2500HD DURAMAX/Allison
RJHewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 12:43 PM   #16
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcandsting View Post
We are at about 18 months with our Sunset Trail Reserve 25rb, and have used it at least 8 months and although we had many small problems, Crossroads took care of them all, even replaced our mattress after we complained it had two holes in it one where I slept and one where Ken slept, we paid the difference and upgraded. I love the storage in the trailer and all the amenities. The fireplace is perfect on those cold days and takes the dampness out. We have looked at some RV shows since our purchase and have not seen one that met our needs like our Sunset.
We had the same problem with our mattress! After three months in Florida I noticed two imprints as well from my husband and I! I just bought a memory foam mattress topper which I hope fixed the problem. I never thought to complain to Crossroads about it. We will get a chance to test the mattress topper at the rally, which is our next trip.

We have had some issues, some of which were addressed by dealers, but the rest will be fixed at the factory after the rally next week. We have an appointment. Overall, we love the unit - the overall space, the amount storage and the floor plan.

2012 Cruiser Sahara 330SS
2015 F250 Super Duty diesel
Loneoak is offline   Reply With Quote