Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-20-2011, 05:05 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

The slide valve on the grey water side is getting really hard to operate lately. I didn't think it would be going bad- only three years old- but stranger things have happened in the RV world. If I decide to replace it, has anyone done this? How difficult of a job is it? How do I find out what size I need? What about the black "barrier" under the camper- just tape it back up when I'm done?

Thanks,

Jim

(and the kids- Christopher and Jenna)

2008 ST31QB

2000 Ford F-250 Super Duty (7.3 Diesel)

https://i249.photobucket.com/albums/g...y/DSC_0633.jpg
JimandCindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 08:08 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

I had the same issue while our unit was still under warranty. Not sure what the dealer to correct it, but I can see grease now when I pull the handles.

'07 F250 Diesel Crew Cab 4x4

'08 CF30QB

Reese Signature Slider 18k Hitch
salda01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 09:09 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

I've read that the usual suspect is that the o-rings get dislodged, but it doesn't leak- like I would expect if that was the problem. Maybe I will see if there is any way to get some kind of grease up in there.

(and the kids- Christopher and Jenna)

2008 ST31QB

2000 Ford F-250 Super Duty (7.3 Diesel)

https://i249.photobucket.com/albums/g...y/DSC_0633.jpg
JimandCindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 09:30 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

I would cut the membrane only as a last resort. If possible drop it and put it back. I know it's a pain cuz I have done it but tape tends not to hold well. If you do have to replace/remove the valve, mine are glued so the ABS pipe would need to be cut and then rebuilt with a new valve.

Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 10:01 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

I have replaced mine as it was leaking. This leaking caused a fluid to drain when removing the cap... some of have seen this before. Yew the slide wold not close completely so replacement was the only way to fix it. Well any way after lowering the bottom I was able to get to the valves and tried to replace just the valve. This was almost impossible as it seems that CR put the vales in and then glued the pipes. Needless to say there was no movement to get the valve in without rolling the O rings. I ended up cutting the PVC and put in a union after the valve was installed. This was a learning experience!!!!!

I still have the a manual valve where I connect the hose but there is no more leaking.