Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-28-2012, 01:57 AM   #1
New Camper

I am considering moving from a 5th wheel to a Hampton Destination trailer. I go on trip about 6 times a year, 500 miles or less in distance. We live full time in the 5 th wheel. Will I have any problems using a Hampton this way or should I stay with a 5th wheel.
Thanks
Neil Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 04:28 AM   #2
Seasonal Camper

I had a37DD destination trailerthat would not fit in a 40 ft storage shed. We would pull it around 2 milesfrom a storage lotto the campground when we decided to camp. With the destination trailer you will need a truck that can handle it, you will deal with tail whip and you will have a tough time getting into some campsites due to the fact that only some new campsites are designed for a rig of this length. They call them destination trailers, not travel trailers. We only camp 4 ot 5 times a year and stay within 100 miles of home and I would not do that with a destinatin trailer. This is just my opinion. Good luck with your decision.
https://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...04/TheRig3.jpg
scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 06:35 AM   #3
Site Team

I agree with Scott. I would not want to tow one down the highway. I suggest you call and talk to some one at CR and get the scoop.

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote