Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-01-2015, 08:24 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Has anyone created a maintenance schedule yet?

I was being proactive last night and reading through all the paperwork provided with our new 5th wheel. I started separating out strictly manuals from pamphlets that include recommended maintenance information.

I know the crossroads specific manual has a decent chart regarding maintenance. But I was planning to create my own detailed spreadsheet to track the spring/fall activities and the pre/post-trip checklists. Was wondering if someone created one already so I could start from there. Otherwise I'm happy to share what I put together for feedback and sharing once I get around to it.

We plan to have this rig for years to come and know the best way to do that is to take care of it properly.
COCamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 08:27 AM   #2
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by COCamping View Post
I was being proactive last night and reading through all the paperwork provided with our new 5th wheel. I started separating out strictly manuals from pamphlets that include recommended maintenance information.

I know the crossroads specific manual has a decent chart regarding maintenance. But I was planning to create my own detailed spreadsheet to track the spring/fall activities and the pre/post-trip checklists. Was wondering if someone created one already so I could start from there. Otherwise I'm happy to share what I put together for feedback and sharing once I get around to it.

We plan to have this rig for years to come and know the best way to do that is to take care of it properly.
I'm not sure if anyone has created one yet, but I know we are talking about creating one to put in CrossRoads/Redwood owners manuals eventually! Hopefully, it will make it easier to keep up with the checklists and remember to do certain maintenance items. If you come up with one, I would LOVE to see it! (maybe even, with your permission, use it as a prototype )
ChristianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 11:02 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

Maybe a little archaic, but I simply use a piece of duct tape and a sharpie to note the date of change and any other pertinent info, such as next scheduled change, etc.
I attach a piece to the generator for oil changes, water filter, water pump, etc and use that as a reminder of last service. Not fancy.
I know a single sheet could help identify the next service for all issues but this works for me.

Bob and Better Half

2007 F-250 PSD, SW, CC, LB, 2WD
2006 TF32SS Cross Terrain Toy Hauler (sold)
Reese 16k slider
r2millers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 03:49 PM   #4
Site Team

I use an electronic log book available from RVCare Log Book | Recreational Vehicle Maintenance Log Book. You can track trips, repairs, PM and much more with this.

2013 Silverado 2500HD LTZ CC 6.6L Duramax Diesel
2023 Rockwood 2445WS
Buster, miniature Dachshund
2024: 2 trips, 26 nights in 8 states, 4801 miles
2023: 9 trips, 48 nights in 12 states, 2 provinces, 8120 miles
2019: 7 trips, 43 nights in 6 states, 3904 miles
DavisK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 08:07 PM   #5
Seasonal Camper

x2 on RV Care Logbook. Love it.
I do TT and TV with it.

2014 - 47 Nights - 1445.8 miles.
2013 - 44 Nights -
2154.8 miles.

ZT211RD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 12:36 PM   #6
Weekend Camper

does the RV Care Logbook have a built in maintenance schedule or is it strictly a logbook with space to enter when that particular maintenance is due again?
COCamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 08:08 PM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by COCamping View Post
does the RV Care Logbook have a built in maintenance schedule or is it strictly a logbook with space to enter when that particular maintenance is due again?
It has the ability to set up a maintenance schedule. You can create a component (e.g., wheel bearings) and then indicate that it is to have preventive maintenance done on it. Then, you can tell it that it is based on time or mileage. A record will then show up on the PM page and it will change color when the time approaches and turn red if not performed on schedule.

2013 Silverado 2500HD LTZ CC 6.6L Duramax Diesel
2023 Rockwood 2445WS
Buster, miniature Dachshund
2024: 2 trips, 26 nights in 8 states, 4801 miles
2023: 9 trips, 48 nights in 12 states, 2 provinces, 8120 miles
2019: 7 trips, 43 nights in 6 states, 3904 miles
DavisK is offline   Reply With Quote