Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-29-2017, 12:35 PM   #1
New Camper

Heat options

I have a 2017 volante 3201ik fifth wheel. The dealership didn’t explain much at delivery. Wondering if the trailer has electric heat or gas only. I didn’t get manuals at delivery. What an experience. Help would be greatly appreciated! David
Dgsvolante3202ik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 01:11 PM   #2
Site Team

I would think if the AC dosen't have a heat pump, then you only have LP gas furnace for heat.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 03:04 PM   #3
Gone Traveling

If your thermostat only has "ac - off - heat" you only have gas heat. If by chance you have a heat pump ac then there will "elec" added to the thermostat.
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 06:11 AM   #4
Seasonal Camper

Get yourself some small portable heaters. Make sure they are good quality, preferably ceramic disc. Some people swear by the liquid filled ones. Cheap ones are almost certain to eventually catch fire. I personally would be hesitant to leave any of them on overnight since I had a factory installed electric fireplace/heater burn up right before my eyes once. (Also had to pitch a flaming cheap electric cube heater out the door by its very hot cord last year.)

Research for quality and even then use them cautiously. They will take the chill off on cool days and even out the temp between furnace cycles on cold days.
Old 10-31-2017, 10:47 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

Our Crossroads has a gas furnace, and goes thru a bottle propane in no time. So we have 2 lasko electric small tower heaters. They have thermostats and timers built and even a remote. We use a heavy extension cord, and plug it into the main power source, so it won't trip breakers when we turn on elect water heater, microwave, or hair dryer, etc. We run the cord up thru and under sink. Works like a charm and have never need more than one little space heater.
2011 27' RLX
gregtx is offline   Reply With Quote