Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-19-2010, 10:44 AM   #1
New Camper

I purchased a Zinger last year(2nd) owner. Trailer was in excellent condition. Anyways, took it to a local(non-crossroads) dealer for service on bearings etc.

The tech told me today of a possible problem. Crossroads ran the gas lines through the shackles, just above the axle springs. At some point, the gas lines have come in contact with the springs causing a indention in the lines.

Now the tech is recommending that the lines be rerouted due to safety reasons. He also stated that I should contact crossroads.

What should I do, getting ready to leave for FL next week, will be about a 2200 mile round trip.

All help appreciated.

2005 Zinger 27bh
vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 11:45 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Are they soft copper lines running from the Black iron pipe to the appliances? If so, have the lines re-routed. Normally this is a pretty easy fix and your dealer can do this. I have a hard time thinking that Crossroads did this. No one in their right mind would run a gas line "through" a shackle. May have been done by a stupid previous owner.

Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 11:53 AM   #3
New Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan
Are they soft copper lines running from the Black iron pipe to the appliances? If so, have the lines re-routed. Normally this is a pretty easy fix and your dealer can do this. I have a hard time thinking that Crossroads did this. No one in their right mind would run a gas line "through" a shackle. May have been done by a stupid previous owner.

Nope, they are the black gas lines, like the ones I have in my house. Both lines on both sides are like this.Previous owner didn't do this, so he said. FYI, trailer is an 2005 model.

2005 Zinger 27bh
vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 12:37 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

Yes, they should still be re-routed. Talk to you dealer and they should still be able to do it, it's just a bit more difficult than the the soft copper. If your dealer won't do it, call a local plumber. They should do it as well. I would not go on your trip until it's done and checked for leaks.

Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 10:03 PM   #5
Family Vacation Member

Seems to be a common practice with Crossroads. My 29RK was run the same way.

2004 Ford F350 Diesel

https://i627.photobucket.com/albums/t...30slbucket.jpg
dja29RK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 07:13 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

Stupid or not, my 2005 Crossroads CF30BH came from the factory with the LP line running right through the bracket connecting the leaf springs to the frame. Never had a problem.

ghiotom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 02:01 PM   #7
Seasonal Camper

Same here on my '05 29RE, the gas line runs thru the front spring shackle and center pivot spring mount. It then tee's to flex lines to the range and water heater. Don't see where they have ever been rubbed or smacked. Don't know where else they could have been run.

2005 CF29RE 04 Ford F250 crew 6.0 P/stroke FX-4.

(pic coming soon!)
shoetravel is offline   Reply With Quote