Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2018, 09:50 PM   #21
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenda Clark View Post
The camp trailer will not be in sub zero Temps . So I should be fine for that situation. But I will take all the precautions mentioned.
Thankyou.

Tried to get the TV to turn on. It wouldnt. Salesman said it has to have power to it. Well if your out in the woods camping , and you have no power , the TV won't function. It won't work. Is this an accurate question/ answer ?

My friend has a 2018 T@b @Trailer. And her TV turns on without power source coming into her trailer. Feeding off of battery ?

I am getting more confused.

I apologies for all my foolish newbie questions you guys.
All help is appreciated.
Hi Glenda,

The things your experiencing are fairly normal, but are often found during the pre delivery inspection (PDI), as Mark mentions. Dealers usually spend about two hours going over all the systems with you, and you have the chance to ask questions. Many owners bring with them a checklist to inspect as much as they can, and then have items repaired before accepting delivery. Even after doing that, there will be issues that develop and will need attention down the road. It helps to be handy, but if not, your rig may end up at the dealer quite a bit. You don’t have to take it back for just one item, but I suggest making a list of a few items and bringing it back for attention while still under warranty, having them fixed all at once. Of course this does not include serious operating issues that need attention immediately.

Regarding the tv, it will either need the trailer plugged into shore power, a generator, or it can run off the battery if you install an “inverter” in your trailer to change the battery dc voltage to ac voltage. If you go the inverter route, then you will still need to charge your batteries somehow to keep them at an operating level. Most use a generator for a few hours or a solar set up. This would only be needed of course if you were dry camping/boondocking.

I suggest you do as I did, read as much as you can regarding different subjects dealing with rv’s. This site is a good place to start, lots of info in here and you will learn quickly, sometimes by others experiences. If you do this you will begin having fun in your rv!
Former: Crossroads ST26RB
Old 04-22-2018, 07:46 AM   #22
Weekend Camper

My please help questions

I want to sincerely thank all of you that have responded to all my
Questions , with wonderful answers.
Maybe I am just over reacting in panic mode for these situations.
Newbie status. Makes me feel kinda dumb. That is why I am asking so many questions.

The guided tour for operations was 45 minutes long. (Pretty short.)
Somethings I am handy at , other's Not. But I will learn fast.

And with help from all of you , I just might survive these newbie fears.

The TV is no big deal anymore. I will be on shore power all winter.
I don't plan to spend hours on end watching TV either. So all is good.

Glad to see the info about the heated underbelly. I did see that too.
But still unaware of wording for weather pkg. Status.
This clears up more information for me. Thankyou.😊

Yes , things are going to come up with my camp trailer . It's not a house as all of you have stated. And I agree fully.
Hopefully things won't pop up very often. So I won't panic and rush it to the dealer every time . But , things will arise periodically . With handle it when and if they do.

Thankyou for everyone's help.

2016 Chevy Silverado PU 1500
5.3. nice V8
Old 04-24-2018, 04:54 AM   #23
Weekend Camper

Switched Rigs

I went to pick the trailer up on Monday , saw that the cosmetic issues were worse with a split broken board by slider trim .
I made them TAKE IT BACK. I Said this is inexcusable work.

I got something different.

2018 Keystone Premier. 19FBPR

Pick it up today at noon time.
The quality of workman ship is excellent.
Inside and out.
-------------------------

The dealer needs to send the other one back to the factory.
The salesman walked in there and noticed a old musty smell.
I couldn't smell it , summer allergies. Repairs were made worse.

I am wondering if this trailer keeps being resold due to flaws not fixable
Something is really weird with this thing.

5.3. nice V8
Old 05-22-2018, 09:47 PM   #24
Weekend Camper

Things have gotten out of hand with trailer number #1. I purchased onm4/13/18
Paper work that has been tampered with , more lies from the salesman that sold it to me. Dave Swanberg.
I am having to seek legal council. I was suppose to get all my money back. They lied. Nothing transferred over as I was informed. Been waiting. This has been a nightmare. I thought this was over and completed last month. It's only just begun. Now comes an attorney into play. I am just sick over this entire transaction.
Trailer number #2 is excellent. No problems , yet.
But the first transaction is far from being closed. I am really angry.

5.3. nice V8
Old 05-22-2018, 10:49 PM   #25
Seasonal Camper

Yikes, that dealership sound colorful alright and wouldn't wish them on my worse enemy. Needless to say your not about to recommend them to your best friends. Granted we purchased a used trailer but after a year and reading the many issues that can be associated to other, gee we were blessed with our find. I can only imagine how you must feel, but I guarantee I'd be sick with that 2 faced pr-*k. Best of luck cause I just hate seeing people getting burnt by shady characters...... Don't you just feel like grabbing him by the nose and twisting till he's .............. lol.
Old 05-23-2018, 03:05 AM   #26
Weekend Camper

All I can do is go after this salesman , and the owner of dealership legally , and the salesman told the dealership owner He did lie to me , alot.
Inexcusable behavior. And he's still employed there.

So here comes the lawyer. I lost $5000.00 on this deal with trailer #1.
I am furious. And that first trailer is now for sale even cheaper.
They are trying to get rid of it fast.

I am not done with this issue.

5.3. nice V8
Old 05-23-2018, 06:12 AM   #27
Weekend Camper

Boy , looking more at my paper work , I found major accounting glitches that have cost me even more money , thousands , not just a few dollars.
So I am going to go down to the dealership , owner getting ready to leave on vacation , I need to speak to him before he takes off.
Other wise my attorney will handle this mess.

This is really bad you guys . I got taken to the cleaners.
Tried to tell them the papers were wrong. Assured they were correct.
WRONG* Double charged on Extended Warrenty and Gap insurance.
It never transfered over as told from trailer 1 , To trailer 2.

I could just cry. I am furious.

5.3. nice V8
Old 05-23-2018, 03:07 PM   #28
Weekend Camper

Went in and saw the owner and his accountant. Tried to explain Paper work isn't correct , he said it is. He turned into a nasty ****** , and basically said leave my office. Drop this now. I AM WASTING HIS TIME.
AND HIS BUSY ACCOUNTANT.
He also said 》》Hire a lawyer if you want. He'll show you we are right too .
I talked to him about his salesman being a multipule LIAR.
He said I am NOT going to fire him because he lied to you.

Holy Moses. 😈

5.3. nice V8
Old 05-23-2018, 05:22 PM   #29
Weekend Camper

Lawyer called back , due to the seriousness of multiple lies told by the salesman it's considered : FRAUD.

DO I PERSUE THIS ? I Can't afford to !
Or just right it off as a dealership owned by someone that doesn't care if an employee lies repeatidly to the customer.
And turns around and said I am wasting his time. Don't come back !

Unbelievable situation. And so terribly wrong.

5.3. nice V8
Old 05-23-2018, 08:59 PM   #30
Full Time Camper

Glenda
You should contact "Go Fund Me"....
2022 Alliance Avenue 32RLS

In God We Trust
A proud member of the one percent...Semper Fi
Old 05-23-2018, 09:04 PM   #31
Weekend Camper

Wouldn't hurt to at least have your lawyer send them a letter that he is representing you and that the dealership has xx amount of time to make things right - and that you will be taking additional steps. I had an issue with a boat once, long story, but when the dealership got a letter from a lawyers office they resolved pretty quickly. Ask lawyer if there is someone at a state government level that could get involved. Good luck and sorry to hear of your problems. Jim
4X4, 3.73 gears, 6.4 gas engine
Old 05-24-2018, 06:49 AM   #32
Seasonal Camper

I would discuss in detail with your attorney what his prognosis of the case is, what his plan of attack is and a rough idea of the cost. Also whether you could get your legal fees back from the dealership if you win. I'm assuming you have a competent, honest attorney.

Bear in mind that very few cases go to trial. Your attorney may get you most of your money with a few harassing letters and phone calls. He may have to actually file suit to get them to pay attention but its unlikely to end up in front of a judge. A filed suit means the defendant either has to hire an attorney to file a response or settle quickly. You can also threaten a claim on the dealer's Errors and Omissions policy due to paperwork errors. Small businessmen are terrified of that.

As a final resort, you can do small claims court. It costs very little, you don't need an attorney and a courthouse clerk will walk you through what you need to do. The limit used to be $3000 but that may have increased and also may be different in different jurisdictions. This will force someone to show up and answer questions once the judge has reviewed your evidence.

If you have the nerve, you could get a few friends and stand just off the property at the entrance with picket signs. Just be careful to avoid libel and being on their property.

Whatever you do, file complaints and detailed bad reviews everywhere you can like Google, Yelp, rv and dealer sites.

The bottom line is that these folks don't have any interest in doing right so you have to encourage them to do so by making it cheaper and easier than stonewalling you. They appear to believe they can blow you off with impunity. I personally would make their lives miserable. Good luck with however you decide to proceed
Old 05-24-2018, 08:40 AM   #33
Weekend Camper

StormSeeker , thank you for your information. Your suggestion / advice is wonderful. And I will do my best to follow thru with your information.

5.3. nice V8
Old 05-24-2018, 10:22 AM   #34
Gone Traveling

Contact the BBB for help, most local tv stations have business reporters, visit with your lawyer on the best/cheapest solution for you. Once the dealership starts seeing news reports, lawyers calling/sending letters, BBB sending someone to investigate it'll be hard for them to blow off all of them.
Old 05-24-2018, 01:36 PM   #35
Full Time Camper

Also you can reach many more people on Facebook...
2022 Alliance Avenue 32RLS

In God We Trust
A proud member of the one percent...Semper Fi
Old 05-24-2018, 02:15 PM   #36
Weekend Camper

Yes , agreed on all of this. I Will research all options mentioned.
BBB is an excellent suggestion. Appreciate everyone's input information.
I am sure I am not the only person that this situation has happened to.

Sorry to rant over this mess. I sincerely apologize for it.

5.3. nice V8
Old 05-25-2018, 11:34 AM   #37
Full Time Camper

Document everything right now while fresh in your mind -

you think you will remember everything, but you wont !
put it in chronological form of when, who, what, etc...

I would first approach the OWNER, not the sales mgr, gm, etc...
and calmly discuss with him to make sure he is aware of the issue...
then if he still chooses not to go further, ask him how he will respond on facebook, etc... when his next customers ask about it...

don't post anything untrue, just the facts !

THEN consider going further --- these first steps got me a full refund on two different cars but had to go to an attorney for my Thor/Crossroads/Redwood 5'er before they gave me my money back... less atty fees of course ! good luck
Old 05-25-2018, 07:29 PM   #38
Weekend Camper

Everything is down on paper , dates and times. And what was said.
Owner basically tossed me out of his office. He just didn't care.
As it continues to escalate daily to other customers.

I am working on this you guys. I will keep you posted.

5.3. nice V8
Old 05-27-2018, 03:43 AM   #39
Weekend Camper

Glenda,
From my business law in college, there are two things that I have remembered. They are Fitness of Purpose and Warranty of Merchantability. When you purchased your trailer, you had reasonable expectations that you could use it as a trailer for camping. The dealer, unless it is specifically mentioned in the purchase/sales agreement, implies that it will perform as a camping trailer. Shady dealers will deny Warranty of Merchantability as boiler plate language. This is done to discourage a suit.

These two defenses would be used in civil court. If fraud is involved, that changes to criminal court and the states attorney or district attorney in your local jurisdiction would prosecute on behalf of the state. Good luck. I would go for an attorney who is a real SOB. However, time is of the essence.
2013 Toyota Tundra Double Cab V8 5.7 Ltr Limited
Old 05-27-2018, 06:24 AM   #40
Weekend Camper

There are so many issues involved in my personal situation here.
They are a new dealership. Only in business about 1 year approx.

No one has been correctly trained. The man that is suppose to do pdi's ,
Doesn't have full knowledge to carry it out. My first trailer never had one.
And it was said to be prepped and cleaned. It was dirty.
And the explination was 》 they were busy and things were crazy that day.

New camp trailers come in , and they are Falling apart due to the milage traveled to bring them across country to Eastern , Washington.
And yes , that is a logical reason why the do come in this way.

I questioned the cost of camp trailer #2. The salesman said I had to pay MSRP. I Replied other dealerships sell this trailer a lot Cheaper.
Reply 》This is their dealership.
When I went in to speak to the dealership owner , I spoke to his accounting manager 1st and told her this information.
She said you Never have to pay MSRP. There is always room for negotiations . Salesman told me :No.

The owner walked in and jumped all over me for trying to per sue this situation. He was so rude to me. He got verbally nasty. And he wanted me to leave his office and don't come back. He said he won't fire the salesman for 》telling me lies.
And there's been more incidents with this to other customers . But he's dealing with this.

I think the owner of this dealership and his employees are trying to pull shady tactics on the public.

The paper work on my 2 transactions , there are a lot of glitches in the Numbers.
I did get charged twice on Gap and Extended warrenty. Sales Tax etc.

I have been mislead so much by this facility.
It literally is eating away at me because of so much wrong doing that has taken place.

From the bottom of my heart , I want to apologize to everyone here including the moderators/site team managers .
I just don't want anyone to have to endure the mess I've encountered ever.

I will make an appt. to SEE the lawyer. Not just a phone conversation like I have been. The lawyer said -Fraud is taking place.
I have to per sue this , I think it will be a lengthy process.

Thank you for your added information CubsFan.
The legal word terminology is very very helpful.

Thank you to everyone. Sorry for any inconvenience .

5.3. nice V8
Closed Thread