Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-23-2017, 09:12 PM   #1
Seasonal Camper

Honda 2000i

I just bought a Honda 2000i generator. I went to use it for the first time when we stopped for a quick overnight. I used the 50 amp power cord, 50/30 amp converter, and a 30/15 amp converter to plug into the generator. The only thing I was trying to use was the microwave, but it kept popping the circuit breaker. I know the generator is supposed to be 1600 watts continuous and I know the microwave is nowhere that. So what gives??? Has anyone else had this problem? Do I have a defective generator?

Thanks for any help,

Gary

Dodge 3500, 2011 CF305SKP
CygnusSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 03:23 AM   #2
Family Vacation Member

Is the microwave plugged into a ground fault receptacle, or ground fault protected circuit? Generator may have a floating ground. Which breaker kicks out, the generator's or your RV's?
Jeffur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 06:55 AM   #3
Site Team

Try this and see if it helps your problem.
http://www.crossroadsowners.com/foru...ound-8947.html

Also, if you are using the "puck" converters to go from 50 amp to 30, to 15 it's possible one or all of them are the problem.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 05:43 PM   #4
New Camper

Did you realize that you were also powering the inverter ,battery charger, among other things when you use the 50 amp power to the trailer? Run micro off a separate cord might be ok then!
rimoskeeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 11:51 AM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by CygnusSailor View Post
I just bought a Honda 2000i generator. I went to use it for the first time when we stopped for a quick overnight. I used the 50 amp power cord, 50/30 amp converter, and a 30/15 amp converter to plug into the generator. The only thing I was trying to use was the microwave, but it kept popping the circuit breaker. I know the generator is supposed to be 1600 watts continuous and I know the microwave is nowhere that. So what gives??? Has anyone else had this problem? Do I have a defective generator?

Thanks for any help,

Gary

Have you had a chance to check it out yet?
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote