Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-03-2016, 05:56 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Honeymoon

I am getting married October 15 this year and we plan on taking our Sunset trail on our honeymoon. We are looking for a very nice place to stay with horseback riding and a winery close by. Any input would be great we live in East Peoria il would like to keep the trip to 3 maybe 4 hrs. Away.. Thanks
C.nack72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 11:44 AM   #2
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.nack72 View Post
I am getting married October 15 this year and we plan on taking our Sunset trail on our honeymoon. We are looking for a very nice place to stay with horseback riding and a winery close by. Any input would be great we live in East Peoria il would like to keep the trip to 3 maybe 4 hrs. Away.. Thanks
I can't really help you in that area, but I certainly want to congratulate you! What a great way to begin married life.

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
Pro BSer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 01:18 PM   #3
Full Time Camper

Congrats on the up-coming wedding. Not near me either but best wishes.

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 01:27 PM   #4
Weekend Camper

Thank you guys for the congrats!!
Old 05-03-2016, 01:56 PM   #5
Site Team

First, congratulations on the upcoming wedding. Second, here is a Il, campground link to help you. Find a Park | Illinois Camping Directory and here's a link for horseback riding. Horseback Riding in Illinois Good luck

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 04:01 PM   #6
Weekend Camper

Thank you very much!
Old 05-03-2016, 04:12 PM   #7
Full Time Camper

Congrats on the the upcoming nuptials an welcome to the group. There were some very nice bed and breakfasts in Wisconsin that we went to when we lived in LA Grange. They were only 3- 4 hrs out. Can't remember their names though was 16 years ago
Old 05-03-2016, 04:53 PM   #8
Family Vacation Member

About 6 hrs,Lexington ky (Kentucky horse park campground )not much wine but plenty of bourbon and tons of horses. Congratulations!!
Old 05-04-2016, 07:57 AM   #9
Weekend Camper

Congrats on the upcoming marriage. Jim is right about Kentucky Hourse Park. It is a beautiful park, however they have BIG Halloween weekends and could be booked. Here in Illinois, in northwest Illinois is Lake Le-A-Qua-Na State Park. It is in the town of Lena right off of US 20. Galena has winery's and is about an hour west. Galena has a lot of shopping, history and many restaurants. The park has electric with shared water. There is a dump station on the way out..
2013 Toyota Tundra Double Cab V8 5.7 Ltr Limited
cubfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 06:52 PM   #10
Full Time Camper

Congrats on the upcoming day. That weekend in October is a busy weekend for a bunch of campgrounds as it is their fall finale...including our local park Comlara. Depending on what you want to do or see, I would suggest Mississippi Palasaides in Savannah, Il, only 1/2 hour from Galena. There is also a KOA in Lena. Down south, you could stay at Giant City State Park, great dinner at the lodge, tons of things to see in the area. You could also go to St. Charles MO, there is a very nice campgound just off 370....only minutes from historic downtown, the katy trail is right behind the campground. Lots of great options....

2015 Rushmore Springfield
Disc Brake upgrade, Goodyear G614 tire upgrade
RV FLEX-ARMOR roof, Mor-Ryde IS suspension

2017 F350 Dually 4x4 6.7 Bronze Fire
gossamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 07:03 AM   #11
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossamar View Post
Congrats on the upcoming day. That weekend in October is a busy weekend for a bunch of campgrounds as it is their fall finale...including our local park Comlara. Depending on what you want to do or see, I would suggest Mississippi Palasaides in Savannah, Il, only 1/2 hour from Galena. There is also a KOA in Lena. Down south, you could stay at Giant City State Park, great dinner at the lodge, tons of things to see in the area. You could also go to St. Charles MO, there is a very nice campgound just off 370....only minutes from historic downtown, the katy trail is right behind the campground. Lots of great options....
I live about 20 minutes from Giant City, they have stables and horseback riding. The owner of Giant City Stables used to be the golf pro at a local course I was a member of and she's a very nice lady.
Giant City Stables Home Page
There are wineries all over this area, you couldn't go anywhere without tripping over one. Campgrounds at Giant City seem to be either primitive or full with seasonals. Still there are campgrounds all over the area.
KingFisher is offline   Reply With Quote