Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-05-2012, 11:09 PM   #1
Full Time Camper

We have been shopping for new living area furniture and have seen something we like. Laz E Boy makes a modular set that can be expanded to as many pieces as one desires. We are thinking four connecting recliner pieces to make a long sofa similar to what came with the Cruiser. The original sofa is just awfully uncomfortable. We have to go back over to the Cruiser and remeasure as I am certain we have the length. What now needs to be checked is how much space we need to permit the 5" or 6" from the wall for reclining. The backs come off the pieces so I am "assuming" we can get them through the door. Anyone with some experience or helpful comments?

Also, is there a slideout weight limit? The proposed furniture has to weigh a whole lot more than what is there now. Will there be an issue with the slide out and our butts occupying the furniture?

Art and Karen
2013 Itasca Sunstar 35F, 2013 Ford C Max toad.
170 nights in 2013
132 in 2014
artgpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 08:06 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

We put a reclining love seat in the slide out years ago and have had no problem with the slide.

Chrisnan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 08:39 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

Art,

On our previous Cruiser, I replaced the free standing dinette and sofa with a computer/sewing desk and a storage sofa. Not only was the new furniture heavier, we carried a lot of stuff like sewing machine and supplies, dog food, cases of soft drinks, etc. Initially, I worried about the extra weight and figured the first sign of trouble would be slow slide out operation. Never had a problem.

Texas Baptist Men-Retiree Builders member since '01
13 Silverado 3500HD D/A, 2wd CCSB srw, custom RKI bed
11 Cruiser CF32MK
https://www.picturetrail.com/dayle1
Dayle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 11:18 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

Art,
Your in box is too full so I'll tell you here.
The backs did come off the love seat and it was just a matter of "hooking" the bottom in past the door.

Old 01-07-2012, 04:42 AM   #5
Seasonal Camper

I replaced all the furniture in my unit with leather furniture I got at lazy boy, the recliners are wall huggers and they fit in one of my living room slides with an table in the middle with no problem, the back of the recliners comes off and they fit with no problem, the couch had to fit in the other living room slide, we got one that fir really nice and it went in with no problem, the arms came off and it fit in the door, if the sofa would have been any bigger the big window in the living room slide would have had to come out, but it fit, the furniture is great, we got all leather and it sure is way more comfortable than the original stuff, we did save the original stuff and I was going to put it back in to sell it but it was a real pain to keep, took alot of room so I gave it to an organization that helps people who are down and out....

2004 Ford F-350 CC dually 4X4
mbinohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:27 PM   #6
Full Time Camper

We were confused by all the reclining furniture on the market. We had seen Laz E Boy in person and Flexsteel online. Yesterday we drove up to a custom motorhome builder who is a Flexsteel dealer. This place gets brand new Prevost coaches and totally custom builds the interior to order. Think $1,200,000 and up. Anyway, the company owner was very courteous and spent a good deal of time explaining the construction of the various brands as well quoting prices on Flexsteel furniture. The bottom line was that this man was high on Laz E Boy. We went back to Laz E Boy and have decided on what we want. We'll pull the trigger today.

Art and Karen
170 nights in 2013
132 in 2014
Old 01-11-2012, 12:57 AM   #7
Full Time Camper

;od furniture,you'll enjoy it.

Edited by: Chrisnan23

Old 01-11-2012, 05:21 AM   #8
New Camper

Same issue with me. I'm putting a larger fridge into the RV and I have the measurements so it should fit through the doorway but my problem is that I can't figure out if I will be able to get it through the first turn. Does anyone know what kind of measurements that I need to take in order to find out if it will make the initial turn inside the RV? If it helps, this is one of the lg refrigerators that I'm looking at. Appreciate any help!

<div id="code--1">

Edited by: ktin19
ktin19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:25 PM   #9
Full Time Camper

Send a message via MSN to tator447

Art, we are thinking of getting rid of our furniture, a 4 piece couch that measures 9 feet. Is the laz-y-boy recliners you are considering over that length? My wife would like to be able to put in 2 recliners and also a small sofa in between...a love seat so to say. Can you share the model number of what you're considering and the size please.

Thanks,
Jim

Jim & Linda Tator
Watertown, WI
2013 Crusier CF34SS GMC 3500 8.1L Dually
154 nights in 2013 - 4,370 miles
178 nights in 2014 - 5,082 miles
365 nights in 2015 - 6,040 miles
tator447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 09:21 PM   #10
Full Time Camper

We might have the same sofa as you. The old sofa measures 129". We bought a La Z Boy "Pinnacle" reclining love seat with two matching recliners. Love seat is 55" and each recliner 33". It will be a tight fit with about 6" to spare. The furniture is being made in a fabric color we chose and should arrive, hopefully, by mid-March.

Art and Karen
170 nights in 2013
132 in 2014