Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-21-2011, 08:04 AM   #1
Seasonal Camper

I've been researching insurance for our 2011 Seville and found the posting at http://www.crossroadsrv.com/forum/fo...rance&PN=1 to be very interesting as I'm finding somewhat similar results.

I got a quote from GMAC Insurance (Good Sam/Camping World) $568 while Foremost is almost $800 for the same coverage (replacement cost, $10k persona effects).

What I'm curious out is if anyone out there has had a claim, both for collision or similar, and comprehensive (hit a tree, something fell on it, etc). How did that work, was it done in a timely manner, and did you have a lot of hassle.

I need to switch coverage on the Seville and I already know that from my local agent, if something happens, he's ready and willing to get involved. What happens with CWI insurance (Nationwide behind the scenes).

Thanks.

2021 Alliance Paradigm 365RD
WoodcarvingGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 08:38 AM   #2
hhh
Seasonal Camper

While not GMAC or Foremost, I had good luck with Progressive. Had "road damage" on the way home from AZ this spring (another trailer then in my sig). The floor separated from theframe and shifted about 3" pushing out the exterior sidewall. A day after I contacted Progressive an adjuster came out and looked at and gave me permission to take it to the local dealer of my choice since she could not determine what caused the damage or the amount of damage. The dealer submitted the repair cost to Progressive and I got a check in the mail for the repair cost (minus the deductible) before the trailer was repaired. Took less then 7 days total from filing the claim to getting the check.

Since I recently purchased my Cruiser I investigated coverage. My agent handles both GMAC and Progressive. Be aware that GMAC will cover the cost to replace with a new unit during the first 5 years of ownership. But you have to purchase the unit and they reimburse you. If you do not purchase a new unit you will only get the declared value of your current unit. With Progressive they pay for the new unit without you having to put out any money out of your own pocket or you can elect to take the declared value instead of a new trailer. I am not sure how Foremost works. GMAC was about $10 less then Progressive per year. My Progressive rate is $367 with $375 deductable, $4000 personal effects.

'11 CF285RL Patriot - '08 GMC 3500HD D/A CC LB Dually - Yamaha Zuma 125

tgif: let's RV
hhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 11:55 AM   #3
Family Vacation Member

We have ours insured through Allied (Nationwide). On our old camper, we were insured through regular Nationwide itself. A mouse ripped the insulation out of the oven. We were able to handle the claim over the internet with pictures.

The fact I like about Nationwide is that they are a mutual company, so they are in business for their policy holders, not for the benefit of wall street

2004.5 Chevy Duramax crew cab 4x4
2010 Crossroads Cruiser 30QBX
1991 K2500 4x4 being restored
drcook is offline   Reply With Quote