Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-19-2013, 04:11 AM   #1
Seasonal Camper

Anyone have any luck getting reception on these antennas? No good at all compared to our old Winegard antenna.

2013 Chevy 3500HD
2012 Rushmore 38CK
2slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 04:33 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Of any post I haveseen on any forum about these antennas I have yet tosee a good one. I guess this was another way to cut cost at the customers expense.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 04:43 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

We have the same problem with ours as lots of others do. Very poor or no reception at all in the same areas where we used to get good reception with the old Winegard. I emailed Crossroads and got a reply but no satisfaction.The dealer does not return calls or emails. I think there should be a recall on the lot of them and a free replacement offered. ...Al
albertr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 06:15 AM   #4
Family Vacation Member

I had one on my previous trailer (Gulfstream), and it had no reception in my area. Called manufacturer and they said it had about 20mile range.
New trailer has crank up Winegard and it is awesome!
It would be worth looking into an upgrade if you want to watch tv.
Old 06-19-2013, 06:42 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

Mine is under warranty and I am trying to get Crossroads to do something. We haveowned 4 others with the Winegard. I agree the Winegard is a good one....Al
Old 06-19-2013, 07:06 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

Ours has the crank up Winegard and I added a Wingman to it which really helped bring inHD channels.
Old 06-19-2013, 07:59 AM   #7
Weekend Camper

I live in rural eastern Canada. Only digital "over the air" channels in this area, and only in major centres. However last weekend I did manage to pull in 2 digital channels from 40 miles away and they were extremely clear. Same quality as digital cable quality.
2014 Ram Hemi Outdoorsman 3:92RE
2013 ST Reserve 30RE
p4lrjfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:10 AM   #8
Full Time Camper

I guess I should clarify my statement about the Wingman add on. It not only helps pull in more HD channels but also regular channels as well. Plus it makes them all clearer. If you have the crank up Winegard this add on was well worth it for us. We have a Directv dish but sometimes I like to get the local stations where we are parked for weather and such on the bedroom TV.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:12 AM   #9
Weekend Camper

Some people have installed the Winegard to replace the useless Jensen and I would gladly do that at my expense if I had enough information to do this. Al
Old 06-19-2013, 09:29 AM   #10
Seasonal Camper

Well, at least I know I'm not alone! Where our antenna is mounted, the hand crank Winegard just wouldn't work. I would have to have a step ladder to reach it. I did a little reading, and Winegard makes an electric crank up antenna. Here. Only problem will be running control wiring. Also, we have the satellite prep, which is near the entertainment center. It might be a little simpler to access. Wow, the motorized antenna $345 on Amazon.com! Might have to try the old rabbit ears with tin foil trick!

2013 Chevy 3500HD
2012 Rushmore 38CK
2slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 11:24 PM   #11
Full Time Camper

Check into the Jack Antenna a lot of folks on another forum are having really good luck with it you can get the top of the line on Amazon for under 150. mounts solid no hand crank
Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 08:13 AM   #12
Family Vacation Member

Has anyone here actually replaced the Jensen ANHD20?

We just purchased the trailer used a month ago and my initial check out of the TV/Entertainment system showed next to no reception for either TV or radio. My searching of the internet has turned up no positive comments from actual owners/user of this antenna.

Replacing the Jensen antenna will be a #1 priority was the weather breaks in the spring.

2014 Rockwood Windjammer 3008W Diamond
2012 Toyota Tundra, 5.7L
MEHoffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 08:31 PM   #13
Family Vacation Member

There are lots of threads on this problem. Many problems, but most are in the connections. Take the switch out of the wall and make sure all connections are tight and secure and are not touching each other. If that dosen't help go up on the roof and remove the antenna from the base check all connections at that point also nothing should have rust or been exposed to water. Mine was rusty at and a loose fitting at the base of the antenna on the roof. The fitting actually fell of in my hand, every thing was rusty and water was standing in the base. After cleaning everything up installing a new fitting sealing every seam on the antenna with silicone I could actually pick up several channels, when previous to that I had nothing. Look up other post on this subject for other fixes. Like I said seems like most all the problems are with the connections somewhere in the system.

Flyone
Old 03-24-2014, 06:51 AM   #14
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyone View Post
There are lots of threads on this problem. Many problems, but most are in the connections. Take the switch out of the wall and make sure all connections are tight and secure and are not touching each other. If that dosen't help go up on the roof and remove the antenna from the base check all connections at that point also nothing should have rust or been exposed to water. Mine was rusty at and a loose fitting at the base of the antenna on the roof. The fitting actually fell of in my hand, every thing was rusty and water was standing in the base. After cleaning everything up installing a new fitting sealing every seam on the antenna with silicone I could actually pick up several channels, when previous to that I had nothing. Look up other post on this subject for other fixes. Like I said seems like most all the problems are with the connections somewhere in the system.

Flyone
Yes I plan to check all the above once the weather breaks. With that said, I was studying the Jensen manual and found the installation voids most of the recommended practices. Jensen recommends to not install with 24" of anything else on the roof. CrossRoads installed it between the two roof vents, both of which are within 24". Jensen recommends no more that 10 feet of R6G cable. Jensen installed the unit about six feet from the front of the trailer and the amplifier is mounted in the rear entertainment center. This is on a 30 foot trailer so there is easily 20 to 25 feet of cable between the antenna and amp. Right now I can barely pick up radio stations that I can pick up with a portable radio in the same location. I will check for loose and dirty / corroded connections before ripping it off the camper.

2014 Rockwood Windjammer 3008W Diamond
2012 Toyota Tundra, 5.7L
MEHoffman is offline   Reply With Quote