Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-09-2010, 10:25 AM   #1
JWN
Weekend Camper

Took delivery of 2011 Cruiser CF30ES early in July. Used it once & found out the AM band of the Jensen AM, FM, CD, DVD player did work. Very noisy, couldn’t pick up strong AM stations.

Took Cruiser it to dealer. They have had it for about 3 weeks because I couldn’t retrieve it because of medical problem. Called today & they said Crossroads sent them a separate AM antenna for the unit saying that when Jensen made the new AM, FM, TV antenna, Jensen had problems with the AM portions of the antenna. That the antenna advertisements were incorrect saying that it was also for AM.

Has anyone else had this problem with the new Jensen "pancake" antenna???

Thanks for the replies
Old 08-09-2010, 11:53 AM   #2
Seasonal Camper

I have the Jensen DVD CD radio with a conventional am auto type antenna. The unit does not receive am stations very well. It also has a lot of interference problems. When the refrigerator is running on Propane can not hear any am stations. I have a 2010 Cruiser. The Jensen is basically junk as far as I am concerned. I am looking for a replacement. As comparison when I can only receive a couple am stations my truck radio will receive close to20-50 am stations.
rcflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 02:45 PM   #3
New Camper

I think that if you choose a good antennas on that one, then things could have been very much good and it would be nice to have in a long run. In that way, you would be able to really choose some good parts for that one.

Edited by: armandjones82
armandjones82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 12:04 AM   #4
Seasonal Camper

I had a Jensen system in mine, it's now located somewhere in a landfill. I bought a Bose Wave, a fantastic system...

2004 Ford F-350 CC dually 4X4
mbinohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 12:12 AM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbinohio
I had a Jensen system in mine, it's now located somewhere in a landfill. I bought a Bose Wave, a fantastic system...
What Bose did you get? We just got one for the house this year, and are impressed with it. I have been threatening to plant our system in the land fill also. Did you hook it into the speaker system or just leave it as a stand alone unit?
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 02:58 AM   #6
Seasonal Camper

I got the system with the multiple disc player and I just use the speakers that came with the unit, I use it as a stand alone unit, my thought was that the Jensen was junk and I can't believe the speakers are any good...we have the one in the camper and we bought another one for the house, they aren't cheap but it really is a great piece of equipment....worth every penney

2004 Ford F-350 CC dually 4X4
mbinohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 03:45 AM   #7
Site Team

That's what I thought. Thanks

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote