Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-07-2019, 09:36 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Keyless Door System - Door Latch help.

Our trailer is a 2012 Patriot Cruiser 335SS. I'm trying to get the keyless door system functioning again. We purchased the trailer used a few years ago and the previous owner couldn't tell me much about the keyless entry system other then it didn't work. I've contacted Southco and Trimark a few weeks ago but no response from either. I've also searched the internet but haven't found the information that I need. I also contact Challenger Door company and they have provided some helpful information but not exactly what I need. I've also reached out to Crossroads and waiting on their response.

Here is what I know. The door latch was changed before we purchased the trailer. The door latch is not the correct latch for the keyless entry system it doesn't have a link to connect the actuator rod linkage into the deadbolt slide (shown by the red arrow in the photo). The new door latch is a Trimark. The bracket to hold the actuator has Southco stamped into it. The keypad is Trimark. I have a mix and match of different parts here. Someone has also modified the actuator mounting bracket. It has been cut and there are portions of the bracket missing. I assume that someone did this to install the new door latch.

I was able to track down the programming instructions from the internet for the keypad. Once I programmed a new code into the keypad the actuator and keypad function as needed. Now I just need to get the correct door latch with the proper linkage to connect the actuator.

Has anyone ran into this problem or changed their door latch with this type of actuator? What is the correct part number for the door latch?

I know that I can just change to the newer style door lock with the built in keypad in the latch but I really didn't want to go that route since all my other hardware function.
Attached Images
File Type: png pic1.png (371.2 KB, 11 views)
File Type: png pic2.png (1.06 MB, 15 views)
File Type: png pic3.png (973.5 KB, 14 views)
File Type: png pic4.png (578.8 KB, 13 views)
43tutor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 03:46 PM   #2
Seasonal Camper

We have the Southco keyless entry. Our inside handle broke, and I bought a new assembly from Lippert Components. I als found Southco extremely helpful. Our keypad was bad when we bought our Rushmore new. Southco sent me a new keypad and a keyfob free, and walked me through programming it on the phone.

2013 Chevy 3500HD
2012 Rushmore 38CK
2slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 07:46 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

Thanks for the reply 2slick, I tracked down the information through Lippert's website and found this;

https://store.lci1.com/keyless-entry...or-239319.html

This is the door latch system that we have.

I've also been in contact with Southco over the past few weeks and after numerous emails Southco reports they no longer sell components for this door latch and lock system. I don't want to purchase the entire door latch and lock system from Lippert but I may need to since I'm coming to what appears and dead end search for parts.

I have one more thing to track down and I'll follow-up with results as soon as I have new information.
Old 08-10-2019, 11:24 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

After weeks of searching for replacement parts for my door latch I was not able to find anyone that could sell me the replacement parts that I needed. SouthCo was very helpful in the fact they traced down the spare parts that I would need but they are not longer available (or they just wanted to sell me the entire door latch assembly).

I was forced to breakdown and buy the entire door latch and actuator assembly. Searching around online I was able to find it a little cheaper then what Lippert had it listed for on their site.

The latch assembly was a little tricky to install. The actuator and bracket had to be disassembled from the door latch and installed in the door first. Next the door latch had to be installed into the hole but not fastened with the screws just yet. Now for the tricky part, reassembly of the actuator and bracket onto the door latch while aligning the actuator bridge connector into the deadbolt linkage. This almost can't be completed with the little space there is but with the help of a small wire to hold the bridge connector linkage to assist with alignment, and if you hold your tongue just right, the linkage and door latch will just go together. This does take some patience and a few attempts.

All is well and good now with our door latch. The keyless entry is working great.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0819.jpg (280.3 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0818.jpg (244.1 KB, 3 views)
File Type: png lippert pic2.png (203.1 KB, 3 views)