Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-25-2018, 02:17 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Keystone - Customer Services

Has anyone had to deal with Keystone directly?
Our camper is out of the manufacture warranty time period. However, the main living door (back door we use all the time) needs to be replaced per our repair shop. You have to slam the door so hard to get to latch that the camper rocks and when we had it checked, the service department told us that ours was the 3rd one that week with the same door issue. The door is pulling away from the camper and adjusting it only last for one door closing. We have had it "adjusted" twice already and Keystone is denying our claim to fix it....
Old 09-25-2018, 04:51 PM   #2
Seasonal Camper

We owned a Montana Mountaineer previous to our Rushmore. I never had any good dealings with their customer service. Our fifth wheel came from the factory with a large T cut in the coroplast belly. The tape came loose, and I called and asked if they could send me some tape. The lady said she could, but wouldn't do so. Made me go through the dealer, which of course took forever. Just one of my dealings with them. Left a bitter taste in my mouth for Keystone.

Last time I called to ask Crossroads CS about something, Keystone answered. I just hung up.

2013 Chevy 3500HD
2012 Rushmore 38CK
2slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 04:53 PM   #3
Site Team

Did you have a repair to the door done while it was under warranty? If so then that repair should be covered beyond the warranty period. If not good luck. They do not come with a unlimited time warranty. Any thing that you buy when the warranty is over probably will not fix it. If they would issue a recall you might be covered. One other thing check your paperwork as the manufacture of the door may have a longer warranty. And forgot to ask but did you buy a extended warranty if so it may cover the door.
dagst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 12:33 PM   #4
Weekend Camper

yes bought extended warranty but only covers electrical components (nothing non-electrical on outside of camper). What is interesting is that we were the 3rd one the service department had seen with door issues in a week! I figured they do not back there workmanship and we are responsible for the replacement.......
Old 10-01-2018, 01:41 PM   #5
Site Team

I see that you have a 2018 so I am guessing that you bought it in 2017 and it came with a 1 year warranty ? Unfortunately You may be stuck. The factory does not usually go beyond the warranty period but if you don't ask they cant say no. You might try to see if the dealer will help maybe pay half or something. Worth a shot. If you have GOOD insurance you might try them but I kind of doubt they will help unless damaged.

It is a shame campers don't come with a longer warranty but if they did they would cost so much a lot of us could not afford new.

I wish you luck in your quest!
Old 10-01-2018, 01:54 PM   #6
Site Team

Reread your original post and thought I might add this. Early this year when we were de-winterizing the wind pulled the door out of the wife's hand and slammed it against the door tie back and electrical outlet. The door had 2 holes in it so insurance payed for a new one. Several weeks after the install it started to do like you say yours is doing - have to slam it to shut. So I loosened the lock screws and adjusted it and the door side latch. I also sprayer the lock good with dry lube and no more slamming.

Might try to adjust it yourself if you are handy.

Another thing the "adjustment" from the dealer may have been a quick spray with WD40 and it worked for a while.

A good dealer is a rare find.