Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-26-2012, 02:58 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

We bought from Layzee Acres several years ago and were thrilled with the dealership. We went back with friends recently and it didn't feel the same. They didn't seem to be the same friendly dealership. Wondered if it was just us or a bad day? Sign me disappointed.
Snooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 04:42 AM   #2
Weekend Camper

We bought there last year and things were o.kFixed minor issues myself so haven't had any issues to deal with other than refrigerator which they fixed when we were there for a couple of days at the campground.I do know they had a lot of trailers sold to get out,a friend of mine bought and had to wait two weeks to pick it up so they may be a bit burnt out ,but not excuse for not being friendly.
Livewire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 05:17 AM   #3
Seasonal Camper

We bought our unit there and I was happy with the sales end of the deal, but not so happy when we brought it in for warranty service. maybe these days they are more interested in number of units sold, rather than number of happy customers.

'11 Crossroads Cruiser CF325CK

https://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/...4/S4011042.jpg
happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 02:18 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

We got ours last Augast and we had problem with the slide, I call them and they look after it the the next day for us they are very nice to deal with, we are happy with the service.
Trini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 04:54 AM   #5
atc
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by happycampers
We bought our unit there and I was happy with the sales end of the deal, but not so happy when we brought it in for warranty service. maybe these days they are more interested in number of units sold, rather than number of happy customers.

I agree the sales end was great. The warranty end I am at my witts end. Back 4 times in 3 weeks for problems with rear slide and outdoor kitchen that were supposed to be corrected the first time. I finally had to temp. fix it myself and told them it will be back at the end of the season for proper fix.
atc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 11:47 PM   #6
BWS
Weekend Camper

We purchased a 31RK in the fall of 2010. The sales end went well. Took the unit back (3.5 hr) drive in March of 2012 for warranty work and was not pleased. They had the unit for six weeks and really only repaired a couple of things. The service department knew of the issues from the fall of 2011 and were ordering parts. When they went to do the work, they then realized that they had the wrong items. They didn't bother to tell me that the repairs were not completed until the day I went to pick it up. There excuse was that there Service manager had quit and they were in transition. The first thing I hope they learn is communication.

I then had to make my own arrangments for the repairs in my own area (Woodstock, ON) and they sent the parts and paid a repair service to install them. If anyone in the Kitchener area is looking for a good service guy, try Don's RV Repair and ask for the owner Charlie. Very professional and easy to deal with.
BWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 12:29 AM   #7
Family Vacation Member

I think Lazy Acres grew too big, too fast. I agree, things are not as they were 2 years ago when we purchased our trailer. While they did deal with our warranty issues, it was a frustrating experience and required numerous trips back and forth to the dealership. When we had a minor issue in April of this year, they promised to locate the necessary part and get back to us in a "few days". After waiting several weeks, I found the part and did the repairs myself. Sign me disappointed too.

2007 Chev 2500 HD, D/A 4x4

2011 Cruiser CF30SK Provincial.

https://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/...way/th_014.jpg
Rambleaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 11:15 PM   #8
Weekend Camper

I had some service done there this year with my 5er. Everything went well.

I do know they were having some staff issues which have now been worked out. They have a new women heading up their service department and she is fantastic. She really knows her stuff, made things happen and got things done.

Now the staff issues been dealt with, hopefully things will go well for everyone from here on in.
Duey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 06:41 AM   #9
Seasonal Camper

That woman that you are referring to; is that Lee???

Old 07-03-2012, 06:46 AM   #10
atc
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by happycampers
That woman that you are referring to; is that Lee???

Lee left thats why there was alot of problems begining of this year. She kept alot of details with her. Val is the new girl, she took on alot of work load. Regardless the issues I have had were nothing to do with the girls more the workman ship.
atc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:16 AM   #11
Seasonal Camper

I found it to be the opposite. The first time I brought my unit in, I left everything up to Lee. Things weren't done as they should have been. The second time I went in there for service I made arrangements with Lee, requested a specific tech and went into the shop and spoke with the tech myself. He shared the same opinion of Lee.
When I returned to pick up my unit, it was completed on time, correct and above and beyond what I had asked for.
Next time request that 'Josh' work on your unit. I think he is one of the best techs they have there. He usually works in the bay closest to the office.

Old 07-03-2012, 12:27 PM   #12
Weekend Camper

No, the new women there is Val Johnson, started there this year. She took care of everything really good. Josh looked after the in-service for us and everything was real good and he really knows his stuff.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:57 AM   #13
Seasonal Camper

I dropped off my unit at layzee acres last night for some minor repairs and so far I was not overly impressed on val's service. she told me to bring it in as soon as I could and they would work on it as soon as they could. I rushed it over after work, just before closing. She then asked me when I needed it back. From what I gather, she didn't book a time slot for it in the shop but just squeeze it in at her convenience.
She then told me that Josh doesn't do service anymore... just PDIs and orientations. Thats disappointing.
She did assure me the rest of the mechanics were good. But I'm sure she wouldn't tell me they were not good....
All this was after the 4 phone calls and 4 messages in the last week just to get in touch with her...
Anyway, we'll see how it pans out from here. At any rate, we don't need it for a few weeks and it frees up the driveway.

Old 08-09-2012, 10:55 AM   #14
Weekend Camper

Their service department is a busy one.

Edited by: Duey
Old 07-15-2014, 07:29 AM   #15
Weekend Camper

Layzee Acres RV

I would like to get a phone number and name of someone in management at this company to contact with a question concerning warranty. My phone call and email to 'service' have been ignored.....Thanks....Al
albertr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 08:29 AM   #16
Site Team

FYI. If you're asking the forum moderators or administrators for this, this forum is not affiliated with any dealership. Although it says Crossroads Family Forum, this is a forum independent of the Crossroads company and is run by Social Knowledge, an online peer community network of affiliated websites where those sharing similar interests.
Maybe some forum member can help you with the information you asked for.

Good luck.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 08:53 AM   #17
Full Time Camper

The trick to getting someone in warrantee service at Crossroads is to call at 9 a.m. Eastern. Wait any longer and you won't get anyone.

2012 Cruiser Sahara 330SS
2015 F250 Super Duty diesel
Loneoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 09:30 AM   #18
Weekend Camper

I want to get a name at Layzee acres
albertr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 10:06 AM   #19
Full Time Camper

just call sales..manager used to answer..at least until the cheque clears.

It was a rainy few days at Algonquin Prov park...tarps kept us dry.
Wayne --Belle River (Windsor), Ontario
2013 Sunset Trail Reserve 25RB..(just sold it)
2015 White Chev Silverado 2500HD 4x4 (6.0 l gasser)
2003 Mountain Star 890SBRX Truck Camper
harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 11:14 AM   #20
Weekend Camper

Good luck with that. I am going directly to Crossroads with my issue
Wicky is offline   Reply With Quote