Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-03-2017, 06:49 PM   #21
Weekend Camper

This evening I was able to locate the fuse block and controller. I found a 30 amp fuse blown. Do not know which circuit as I do not have a schematic.

Researching this a bit more, some put breakers in place of fuse, which I will do. Another thing is mentioned, lube on the slide mechanism. Also mentioned that even new units do not have lube.

This too I will do. Suggestions are to use a dry lube so dirt does not get into gears.

My camper is new, I did not know I had to lube already because it's new , but I assume it's dry.

I will know more tomorrow, as I need fuses and lube.

Stay posted.

Mark
Wildasindrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 07:01 PM   #22
Weekend Camper

Slide lube

My owners manual said not to lube mine.Check yours before you do it might void their warranty or call Crossroads to make sure.
daynawide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 09:48 PM   #23
Gone Traveling

20161005_120522.jpgMine have lubed by the factory service center & myself numerous times with silicone slide lube bought at Wal-Mart so far after 4 1/2 years NO issues. Also watch the Utube video on how & where to lube the motors.
I use this same spray to lube everything on the rv, I'm not a fan of WD40 on anything but rusty bolts.
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 03:34 AM   #24
Weekend Camper

I will certainly check my owners manual, but cannot understand why you would not lube the rack on the slide. I will take your suggestion and check my manual.

I also did not know liquid wrench made a silicone lube. Good products for sure.

Thanks for the suggestions.
Mark
Old 05-05-2017, 07:16 AM   #25
Weekend Camper

Success!

replaced the 30 amp fuse with a 30 amp breaker as suggested and all functionality is restored. The one thing I did find odd was that the control panel was hid behind a wood panel that needed to be removed with screws. That's an oddity in my thinking as there are serviceable fuses behind a panel that is mechanically fastened.

I guess it does not follow the same regulations from the NEC because it is low voltage.

Anyway, thanks to all who have been chiming in on this issue, I was a bit overwhelmed by the newness of the unit as well as the functionality of the remote control, and it wasn't until I was able to wrap my head around its functionality and fit into the circuit that I was able to deduce the error.

These hidden compartments that contain functions for the RV are hard to understand as well as an industry that is more worried about the visual than functionality as well as not having schematics or diagrams make it that much harder for the average Joe to work through.

I also hope this exercise and documentation in this forum helps someone else who is having similar issues and or can rule out issues that have been listed here.

Happy Camping everyone enjoy the summer.
Old 05-08-2017, 10:57 AM   #26
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildasindrive View Post
Success!

replaced the 30 amp fuse with a 30 amp breaker as suggested and all functionality is restored. The one thing I did find odd was that the control panel was hid behind a wood panel that needed to be removed with screws. That's an oddity in my thinking as there are serviceable fuses behind a panel that is mechanically fastened.
I found the 30 amp fuse. Not blown, so the search continues.

SeanRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 05:43 PM   #27
Seasonal Camper

I had a chance to play around with this today for a while. I tried setting all 7 "selections" on the remote to the various slide options on the remote. I hit sync remote on the remote while holding the reset button on the board and heard the click. Nothing. I tried configuring all the slides to each of the 4 fuses. Nothing. Not sure what to do next. I know that the main awning is somehow tied to the remote board because I had to replace the 15 amp fuse at the 3rd position because the awning wasn't moving. When I replaced the blown fuse, the awning worked. I tried configuring all the "awnings" on the remote to fuse 3, nothing. I'm off next Friday, maybe I'll try calling CR, but cell service is sketchy here.

SeanRN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lippert linc, remote