Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-07-2013, 11:54 PM   #1
New Camper

Ok I've got a 2006 crossroads crossterrain. I've got leaking some where in the bedroom slide area towards the back side and I've also got a leak on the dinette/living rm slide towards the front of the slide. Can't seem to locate the leak as I have no sign of where it came from for either issue. Also the camper had been closed up fpr the winter. Can someone give me a direction in which to look? Also I've got to replace one side of the bed frame due to the water damage is this a farly easy jjob to due? HELP! LOve the camper but these issues are driving me nuts
Old 06-08-2013, 12:56 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

I get a very little water seeping in the top of the slide when it rains like crazy. I believe it is small debris that lifts the seal slightly and gets traped underneath sometimes when you close the slide. almost imposible to sweep every little piece off. However I did find a leak that was driving me crazy recently. Use a hose and start at the lowest point you think water may be entering. spray area and look for leak, if nothing try alittle higher. I made the mistake of starting on the roof and after I sealed, water was still getting in and I couldnt figure it out. Started low and found the water was actually getting in at the trim piece that runs arind the trailerabout 4in above the floor floor. small spot of clear RTV missing. sealed that and the trim screws under the molded piece and no more leek

Jason & Wendy
2014 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L PSD
2015 Keystone Montana 3711FL
B&W Patriot 16K Fifth Wheel Hitch
cw3jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 11:39 PM   #3
New Camper

found the leak/s turns out to be the tape along the seam on both slides has debonded. The living rm slide is the worse creating rotting of the wood on top. Not sure how to fix this just going to try and stop the leaking for now and fix later when the rig is not in use. Anyone have a clue how to fix this. Not going to take it to a dealer and have them bend me over on labor.. so any help would be appreciated at the moment.!
Old 06-17-2013, 04:03 AM   #4
New Camper

EternaBond is probably the best way to go. I've fixed two seam leaks with it and they're both going 5+ years strong. Good instructions on fixing the damage with EternaBond at Best Small Camper's RV Roof Repair post.You can sometimes find it cheap on ebay.
Good luck and let us know how it turns out