Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-13-2016, 05:44 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

LED Awning Lights Out

Out camping in the Great Smokey Mountains this week and noticed a section of led lights out on the awning strip of our ST300RK. Has anyone replaced their led strip? Advice on what's involved to replace? Our dealer has been great and has addressed all our minor issues. However it's 370 miles round trip. I'm sure they will send me a replacement strip. I'd rather do this at home. Any advice appreciated.
fam5mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 07:08 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

There have been long discussions about this. http://www.crossroadsowners.com/foru...ghlight=Awning

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 08:25 PM   #3
Seasonal Camper

While the awning is unrolled locate the sticker on the metal roller and take a picture. Your dealer may need that info to order the correct strip.

And yes, they crap out a LOT.

Once out of warranty, buy one online, lasts a lot longer.
2015 ST270BH
https://burgpath.us/photos/index.php?cat=13
Burgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 06:27 AM   #4
Seasonal Camper

If you go to Ebay you can get another white strip or change to the multi-color ones that let you choose the light color. Then you could have white light, be festive or use orange to match the anti-bug light over the door if needed. The strips seem to be very good quality. Maybe they've worked the manufacturing bugs out.
Old 10-14-2016, 07:39 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

Awning LED Strip Replacement

Thanks guys for info on LED lights. Still looking for advice from someone who has replaced the LED light strip. Looking at it it appears that the light strip slides into the groove on awning tube. Am I correct? To replace slide old one out and new one in? Looking on EBay I haven't located one that slides into groove. Ones listed use 3M tape. If you have replaced yours with an after market strip that will last I would appreciate brand and where to purchase.
fam5mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 08:33 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

Mine are going out also . I think they are just 2 way taped up . take the plastic strip off on the front of the tube and you will see the conection for the wires. New ones will go out again so dont waste your time...

It was a rainy few days at Algonquin Prov park...tarps kept us dry.
Wayne --Belle River (Windsor), Ontario
2013 Sunset Trail Reserve 25RB..(just sold it)
2015 White Chev Silverado 2500HD 4x4 (6.0 l gasser)
2003 Mountain Star 890SBRX Truck Camper
harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 10:36 AM   #7
Gone Traveling

Fairly sure they are just stuck on. When you orders one better order 2-3 or more as from reading this & a couple other forums the WILL quit again & again.
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 04:13 PM   #8
Site Team

I am on my 3rd factory set of LED's. I will NOT have another set installed. When they go I will replace them with these Led light strip.
I will place them under the rolled up awning so you can have them on even when the awning is rolled up. You can connect them to the wire to the original led lights and use the inside switch for power and the remote for color changing.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 04:23 PM   #9
Seasonal Camper

Mine are in the tube. The first set of replacements they gave me were the wrong style. Second set I will have to cut and splice in as they dont come with the 2 prong plug.

I'll wait till spring to install them though.
2015 ST270BH
https://burgpath.us/photos/index.php?cat=13
Burgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 05:56 PM   #10
Gone Traveling

I've not any luck with LEDs for any fixture except my stop/tail lights, everywhere else they don't paste as long as the halogen bulbs for 10-20 times the price, I'm not wasting any more $$ on them.
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote